Atlanta

in the mid 90's it was nice......the last time i went, maybe a yr or 2 ago, i thought it went ghetto comparatively. can anyone confirm/refute?

I've been in metro ATL since 2000, and during that time I cannot really think of any substantial part of Buckhead to go down in value. New, upscale highrise developments are popping up all over. Some of the single family home neighborhoods are as beautiful as I've ever seen, like River Oaks w/o palm trees.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been in metro ATL since 2000, and during that time I cannot really think of any substantial part of Buckhead to go down in value. New, upscale highrise developments are popping up all over. Some of the single family home neighborhoods are as beautiful as I've ever seen, like River Oaks w/o palm trees.

i'm not saying it went down in value, i guess just a different class of people.

• 1 month later...

01.jpg

05.jpg

07.jpg

This is the latest Design Atlanta is presenting to the world. I am so jealous of the designs of the new buildings being chosen for that city. I really couldn't care less that they have more buildings going up than Houston or many other American cities, but again what gets me are the great designs that are being chosen.

This would look great somewhere near the Medical Center or near Memorial city imo.

Does Atlanta have more buildings under construction? If so, what are the numbers for both cities?

I don't have the hard numbers (and I really don't feel like looking right now) but yes there are currently more buildings going up in Atlanta. However, in terms of numbers of buildings, Atlanta is really trying to get where Houston and Dallas has been for years. I think someone mentioned on another thread that Atlanta is going through or at least entering the last phasings of their "boom" and Houston's time was in the late 70's early 80's. This is just Atlanta's time.

But again, that is not my concern. I would just like to borrow some of those people who are choosing the designs of the buildings going up in Atlanta's skylines and force them to choose for us for a spell (barring 2727 Kirby and the new Memorial Tower in the Medical Center, which has really grown on me).

A couple of more shots of this Aquarius Tower for Atlanta:

aquarius_overview.jpg

It was already on the forum. We have had a thread on it since early-February.

If you want more photos:

aquarius_overview.jpg

Read about the parking:

Aquarius Tower features one of the most advanced parking systems of the twenty-first century. Your vehicle will be stored in our space age parking facility that robotically stores and retrieves your vehicle on command.

Aquarius Tower's parking technology optimizes space utilization allowing for more cars in less space and thus helping to solve typical congested parking problems smartly. The system executes multiple movements within the structure simultaneously on various floors allowing for maximum speed of retrieval.

The system virtually eliminates the risk of any vehicle damage or theft as well as the potential for personal injury. In addition to the increased aesthetics and reduced pollution (no cars driving around), there is no parking facility more secure for users.

Well Augusta, Savannah, and Macon are growing quite nicely in Georgia. Augusta has over 500,000 in its metro. Savannah is over 300,000, and Macon is over 200,000. Columbus (about 250,000), isn't growing as fast.

Archived