Restaurant recommendations please!

Hello all - I have a favor to ask. A lady I know from another internet bb is coming down to Houston w/ her husband and 3 boys (ages 4,4, and 6) for a few days. She asked me for unique restaurant ideas -something she can't get in Dallas. They are staying in Greenspoint area, but will traveling all over the city for fun - Galveston, museum district, Galleria, Woodlands, etc... I've thought of a few family friendly unique, delicious places, but most are on the westside where I live. I can think of lots of couples only/ older children okay type places, but I am at a loss for whole family ideas besides Kemah, dowtown aquarium, etc... Please tell me some ideas that would be great -esp. if there are near the areas they will be visiting. They don't have to be all about kids and themed that way, but just a place where kids won't be frowned upon. THANKS!

The Aquarium in Kemah, or any other on the Boardwalk is a good time. Make sure to go about an hour before Dusk, so that they can see all the boat traffic coming in.

I recommend staying away from anything that Fertita has built. But I guess that the places attract the same crowd that Vegas and Disney does.

Lupe Tortilla's - on 59, or the one in Clear Lake - very kid-friendly. They have a sandbox & playground area.

Red Robin at the Marquee center on I-10.

Goode Co. - the BBQ or the Mexican one - both on Kirby.

Molina's (on Kirby??) - always lots of kids there.

Try Garson or Cafe Caspian if you like authentic Middle eastern. (no this is not stinky like Indian food ;) , do not get us confused, we have normal tasting meat and rice that is delicious, trust me it is good, none of that weird KURI stank :o .)

If you are still scared, you can try Hungry's Cafe and Bistro, as discussed here. ^_^

Archived