Idlewood And/Or South Of University of Houston

My husband and I are spending a lot more time (business during the week, church near Rice U at other times) in various locations along the Main Street corridor. BUT we live in pretty-far west Houston (Stratford HS area) and it is a real PAIN getting there and back.

Our kids are almost all out of high school and, except for re-sale issues, schools are not a big concern. We can't afford: Montrose, West U, Bellaire, etc. and are beginning to wonder if there are pockets of civility east of Main Street.

The other day I was driving up Wayside (old U.S. 90, north of I-45) and there appeared to be some nice, older homes and in blocks that were fairly well maintained.

I'm also wondering about the Macgregor corridor, east of Hermann Park, just south and west of UofH.

(However, if we're just past the height of the summer market, I only found one home on the HAR site for sale in Idlewood at present -- so my guess is they list and go fast over there.)

Suggestions anyone?

My husband and I are spending a lot more time (business during the week, church near Rice U at other times) in various locations along the Main Street corridor. BUT we live in pretty-far west Houston (Stratford HS area) and it is a real PAIN getting there and back.

Our kids are almost all out of high school and, except for re-sale issues, schools are not a big concern. We can't afford: Montrose, West U, Bellaire, etc. and are beginning to wonder if there are pockets of civility east of Main Street.

The other day I was driving up Wayside (old U.S. 90, north of I-45) and there appeared to be some nice, older homes and in blocks that were fairly well maintained.

I'm also wondering about the Macgregor corridor, east of Hermann Park, just south and west of UofH.

(However, if we're just past the height of the summer market, I only found one home on the HAR site for sale in Idlewood at present -- so my guess is they list and go fast over there.)

Suggestions anyone?

There are several homes for sale in there, its Idylwood not idlewood. That may be the problem. Run by zip too, 77023. That will also pull up Houston Country Club, Simms woods, Eastwood, etc.

The Macgregor corridor (Riverside Terrace) is pretty expensive unless you are talking a major fixer upper.

What is your price range? You may also go down south main to the Willow bend area to get near the things you want.

• The title was changed to Idlewood And/Or South Of University of Houston

Archived