Westpark Tollway Past Grand Parkway

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any plans to extend Westpark Toll past Grand Parkway.....if so, where will it eventually end?

I'm not aware of any plans to extend it further westward. Any decision to extend it would surely be contingent on the traffic count. My expectation is that traffic counts west of SH 6 will remain low for an indefinite period of time, so any effort for a westward extension would not happen soon.

Another factor is toll cost. Driving the full 12-mile length right now costs $2.25 - 19 cents per mile. VERY EXPENSIVE. I haven't heard anything about toll rates west of SH 6, but you're probably looking at around $4.00 to drive the full length. That will keep patronage low.

In the long run, my guess is that FM 1093 as a 6-lane arterial will provide sufficient capacity west of the Grand Parkway, so I don't expect a westward extension of the tollway.

I read somewhere (maybe the Chronicle, can't remember or find it) that they were considering extending it out to Fulshear, but they haven't decided on an alignment. It won't be anytime soon though. There definitely won't be enough traffic west of the GP for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Westpark Tollway Past Grand Parkway