I've developed a great fondness for Google Earth. I used to go camping or just drive around aimlessly through the countryside, but now I spend so much time working on various projects that my hobby has essentially died. Fortunately, Google Earth allows me to efficiently fantasize about hiking or boating trips from 10,000 feet up. Though far from a perfect substitute, it has played a large part in my maintenance of personal sanity.

I have also developed a fondness for two-dimensional landscapes. What follows are among my favorites:

googleartbolivarpeninsulavk2.jpg

googleartchocolatebayouri2.jpg

sislandnr4.jpg

googleartlouisianamarshwr3.jpg

googleartlouisianamarsh2kq3.jpg

googleartlouisianamarsh3fl2.jpg

googleartmatagortapeninsulanb6.jpg

googleartmississippideltapf4.jpg

googleartsanjacintoordinancedepotre3.jpg

googleartsanluispasslv9.jpg

Additionally:

googleartintermodalrailyardvu4.jpg

googleartgulfofmexicovm6.jpg

For some reason, I can't respond to you, TJones. Server problems. Lets me respond to everyone else, though.

Anyhow, the rail yard is a UP intermodal facility located in 5th Ward off of Liberty and Wayside. It is among the least efficient in the nation.

For some reason, I can't respond to you, TJones. Server problems. Lets me respond to everyone else, though.

Anyhow, the rail yard is a UP intermodal facility located in 5th Ward off of Liberty and Wayside. It is among the least efficient in the nation.

How does this not surprise me.

btw, I put you on Ignore, so that is probably why you can't respond. :P J/K ! Hmmm......I have a similar prob. with some peoples posts sometimes.