Tomball ISD

I'm pretty sure you're better off comparing individual school zones, as Cy-Fair is so large compared to Tomball.

Cy-Fair ISD is very well-funded, attracts great teachers with relatively good pay, and has terrific facilities. Tomball is really growing, and is no longer considered a 'rural' district. A lot of nice new neighborhoods being developed in the Tomball area. While Cy-Fair is a respected large district and that is well-run, you may find that you get better school board representation with a smaller district more in tune with your area.

I haven't heard of problems from either with regards to this area. CFISD (unlike Spring ISD) is good about protecting its homeowners. The only complaints I've heard about the district centers around the rapid growth of the district which has annoyed some people in neighborhoods that are continually being rezoned as new schools open.

Are you looking to move into one of the neighborhoods on the Tomball ISD side of the Lakewood area (ie. Lakewood, Villaggio, Village Creek, Gettysburgh, Lakewood Grove)? I think its a nice area (avg Household Income is around $125,000). Good schools K-12. I wouldn't be surprised if Tomball ISD builds a new HS within the next 5-10 years. I'm pretty sure the ones that serve those neighborhoods are all new as well.

With regards to the neighborhoods that are directly next to those I just mentioned (in the Hewlett-Packard area), they're zoned to some of the best schools in CFISD. Depending on where you're looking off Louetta, you'll either feed into Cy-Creek which has always been a good school or the new Cypress Woods HS, which many believe will wind up being one of the best schools in CFISD (if not the city) with its excellent demographic profile (HS #9 planned for Blackhorse/Bridgeland will also have reallly nice demographics). All of the CFISD elementary schools in the area are rated 'Exemplary' nearly every year, the Middle Schools usually gets very high marks as do the High Schools.

Either way, I think you're solid.

I'm pretty sure you're better off comparing individual school zones, as Cy-Fair is so large compared to Tomball.

I think all of you are correct on some things well I can say all things. But CFISD is the best I mean it is growing my daughter is going to Kahla Middle School it just open recently with 1550 students and the capacity is 1500. We have to have to have 8 portables outside so just imagine that's only one school.

So I agree with everyone I'm just adding a little extra.

^^That happpened with Morton Ranch Junior High in Katy. I have heard of a new HS in Katy because Cinco needs relief (3300 kids). Seven Lakes only has 2,000 (with 9th-11th in second year). Morton Ranch has 2700 in its third year.

In the paper yesterday I read that Tomball ISD spends more per student than Cy Fair does while having a lower tax rate. I was surprised to say the least. That darn 1st grade packet is still going to cost me $50.

LOL

eta: It was in the Potpourri. It was in an article about kids having to be held back in 1st grade. The article isn't online yet.

• 4 months later...
They need to go ahead and build another high school. That area will grow faster than their projections and in my experience the cheaper "9th grade center" option never works out the way they envisioned.

Tomball ISD will probaly be at 15,500 students within the next 5-10 years.

Tomball should really go with a second high school. Magnolia just opened a second high school this year. They were very creative with the name too. So in addition to Magnolia High school, there is now Magnolia West High school. Kind of the same situation with The Woodlands High school and College Park The Woodlands High school.

I imagine they'll probably wind up changing the name of Magnolia West someday. That's a horrible name, btw. Surely there's somebody worthy of having a hs named after them. Perhaps they could name it after of the great figures of American/Texas history. I always liked the names of the San Antonio schools: Churchill, MacArthur, Lee, Reagan, Roosevelt etc.

Tomball will open a new high school. They own some land that bordered CFISD and Tomball somewhere back by Willow Creek. I read it in a Tomball paper a couple of months back.

I went to High School in North East ISD. I went to Churchill before Reagan opened. It was kinda cool going there with names of the different schools. MacArthur, Roosevelt, Lee, Churchill and Reagan are all in NEISD. I think it's the only of it's kind in the state. Northside has Clark, and someothers but NEISD has a non American (Churchill).

These are the high schools in NSISD

Clark

San Antonio, TX 78249

Communications Arts

San Antonio, TX 78253

Health Careers

San Antonio, TX 78229

Holmes

San Antonio, TX 78238

Jay

San Antonio, TX 78227

Jay

San Antonio, TX 78227

Marshall

San Antonio, TX 78240

O'Connor

Stevens Harold Maldonado 397-6450 600 N Ellison Dr

San Antonio, TX 78251

Taft

San Antonio, TX 78253

Warren

• 8 months later...

Drove by on the way home a couple of days ago and snapped a couple of shots. It looks like they are still tearing down and clearing the land, but the new school announcement is prominently displayed. Google maps doesn't have Northpointe Blvd. updated to pinpoint it on the map, but if you drive West on Northpoint Blvd. from Highway 249, you'll see the clearing on the right.

P1000010.jpg

P1000011.jpg

I'm really curious as to how they'll divert the traffic in the area from families picking up their children. The article hints at a design focused specifically on handling this problem, but at that location Northpointe is only a two lane road.

Just out of curiosity: Does anyone know the average earnings for selling off the wood when a plot of land is cleared like this? Who are the typical buyers?

• The title was changed to Tomball Schools Voting Results

Archived