MCM Appliances

jgs1419

We remodeled a house in Upper Kirby late last year and the client saved a Vent-a-Hood cooktop and hood along with a Fridgidair Oven, all vintage 1950. They were working fine when we took them out. They've been in storage since.

If anybody is interested in them, they would be great for an MCM. PM me for details. They are free. I will deliver them to you anywhere in Houston for a nominal fee.

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I almost hate to ask for fear of the answer, are these still available? I would be very interested in the cooktop for my 1959 Mod house. I am looking for one very much along those lines. The oven is super cool, but I am not sure about it...does it open down the middle??? My house originally had a double oven, but this one looks so cool that I would totally consider it. Of course, I would need to measure, then come look at them to be sure. Please let me know. what the status of these is. I have serious interest, and will come see ASAP and tell you yes or no on the spot. Thank you.

The packrat/purist in me nearly bit on that oven when you put it up, but I won't be reverting my kitchen "back to the 50's" until at least next summer if not 2 or 3 summers away from now. And even when I do, I don't know for sure if I really want to deal with an antique (and small) oven every day (and I use my oven almost every day)... And I don't have the place to put it in the meantime. The neat thing about my stove is that when the former owner replaced the stove, they still had the original style in stock so she replaced the old one with a new one that looks just like it, and it fits my needs perfectly, though I've been used to using gas for the last 5 years.

It's strange how those 50's bathroom fixtures sold just like that, but the kitchen appliances couldn't be given away. Sorry you had to throw them away.

Jason

Unfortunately, the owners moved about two weeks ago and nobody wanted them. I tried craigslist and haif but to no avail. I'm afraid they went to the scrap yard.

Unfortunately, the owners moved about two weeks ago and nobody wanted them. I tried craigslist and haif but to no avail. I'm afraid they went to the scrap yard.

I was afraid of that, what a shame. Well, if anyone out there sees a vintage stainless electric cooktop or double oven available in GOOD condition, please feel free to let me know or post it on the sight. I am currently looking to replace my stove and cooktop with vintage ones. Same with my plumbing hardware...looking for vintage bathroom (basins and tub) and kitchen plumbing faucets/hardware by American Standard that were pretty common circa 1960. The ones I'm after have a faucet that has a flat, wide bar profile with seperate hot and cold handles. The handles are a soft star shape with a metal disc in the center with H and C. Best thing for me to do would be to get a picture and post it, but I don't own even one of these faucets right now to photograph...sorry. Also, faucets don't have to be free! I'm will buy them or pay someone a finders fee. The key is that they be in GOOD condition. Thank you.

I sent an email to our former client (who now lives in Vancouver) to confirm that he indeed threw the appliances in the trash when he moved out. It turns out that he left them in the garage for the new owner (?!). He gave me the e/mail address of the new owner and I'm going to contact him to see if they are still around. I'll follow up when I know more.

I sent an email to our former client (who now lives in Vancouver) to confirm that he indeed threw the appliances in the trash when he moved out. It turns out that he left them in the garage for the new owner (?!). He gave me the e/mail address of the new owner and I'm going to contact him to see if they are still around. I'll follow up when I know more.

Great! Keep me posted. Thank you.

Archived