Whenever I'm heading south along Telephone Road from 610, I always make note of a particular restaurant in an nondescript building with narrow brickwork called Frank's Grill. It looks like it may be the most greasy, fattening, heart-clogging place in town...and I think I need to try it out for breakfast this weekend.

Any experiences?

Edited by TheNiche

When it comes to the most greasy, fattening, heart-clogging places, I am usually in the know.

They actually have 3 locations, (believe it or not), on behind Northwest Mall, one on Clinton, and that one. I have only eaten at the one by NW Mall. Lunch was okay, nothing that great at all. Breakfast seems to be their speciality. It was cheap, and good. I don't know if the one on Telephone is any better. They almost always have a line.

I'm with RPS.

The best places are the ones in which you can feel your arteries clogging when you walk in the door.

There is something about food that is incredibly fattening that tastes so good that you have a tendency to forget your own mortality.

Unfortunately, I have an addiction to greasy spoons. While Tel-Wink is my favorite (great waffles, great bacon, and you get called 'Hon' alot), Frank's is a close second. I frequent the one on Mangum, as it is but a few miles from my house. If you go to Frank's, make sure to get the grilled biscuits. They take the biscuits, split them in half, smother them with margarine, and slap them on the grill. Sit at the counter if you can and watch the cooks. It's amazing how fast they get those orders out.

Kellys can be spotty, but their breakfasts is usually pretty good. Dot makes a respectable breakfast too but service is usually questionable. If too long a lines knock out your first choice, you can go to one of the others. Between those 2, Tel-Wink & Frank's you can pick one for breakfast & do fine.

A grease-a-thon side note, my all-time unhealthy food favorite is fried chicken. Not the deep fried KFC kind, but the real McCoy done in a skillet. A bad culinary habit picked up as a child on all those trips to visit grandmothers in the deep south.

You know its a good sign when you order fried chicken and they apologize in advance for how long it will take. This is how they do it at Spanish Village on Almeda. I couldn't help notice how many regulars in there were ordering fried chicken in a Mexican restaurant. After ordering it, I can see why.

You know its a good sign when you order fried chicken and they apologize in advance for how long it will take. This is how they do it at Spanish Village on Almeda. I couldn't help notice how many regulars in there were ordering fried chicken in a Mexican restaurant. After ordering it, I can see why.

I was not aware of that! I'll have to give that a shot.

Kellys can be spotty, but their breakfasts is usually pretty good. Dot makes a respectable breakfast too but service is usually questionable...

I've eaten Kelly's on the I45 location and I've been rather pleased and haven't encountered anything that was substandard. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the service is quite spotty.

I do wish they would offer half portions, though. I only eat at kelly's when I'm STARVING and their meals can easily satisfy that hunger.

Send Kelly's to Mexico or another nation and watch their hunger problem disappear. The leftovers alone would feed a small neighborhood.