researching 1980s construction? help!

I live in a townhome in Bellaire built in 1980. Does anyone know how I can find information about the architect, builder, etc.? We don't even have blueprints to our own house! I would assume a previous owner (I believe we are the 4th) took them with with them by mistake at some point. :angry2: I have searched the internet, but I'm not super tech savvy :wacko: so it's possible I'm not looking in the right places. Thanks!

the city might have some records, although i am not sure how bellaire keeps up with that...

in the mid-eighties, i used to live in a townhome on alpine in bellaire (looking at hcad, it appears that about half (including the one i lived in) have been replaced by something more expensive)...i don't believe there were any records to be heard of :(

Edited by sevfiv

Sev, hit the nail, Your title company should have had a blueprint of the house, in with your paperwork, along with a survey. These will be copies of the originals of course. Check your closing paperwork again, there may be some clues in there.

the city might have some records, although i am not sure how bellaire keeps up with that...

in the mid-eighties, i used to live in a townhome on alpine in bellaire (looking at hcad, it appears that about half (including the one i lived in) have been replaced by something more expensive)...i don't believe there were any records to be heard of :(

that's where i live! thanks for the leads :)

So Alpine used to be all townhouses? That's really interesting! Today, one side of the street has 6 or 7 townhomes, and the other side of the street has 4 megamansions. Quite a contrast, but works wonders for the property values for those of us in the townhomes!

Edited by Texas_Smith

that's where i live! thanks for the leads :)

So Alpine used to be all townhouses? That's really interesting! Today, one side of the street has 6 or 7 townhomes, and the other side of the street has 4 megamansions. Quite a contrast, but works wonders for the property values for those of us in the townhomes!

i am not sure if the townhomes extended to bellaire blvd., but there certainly weren't any 4,500 square foot stucco things! - my bad, the one i lived in is still there...#17

i remember it being a pretty neat place, and riding my bike around (and around) the cul-de-sac :D

Edited by sevfiv