Last Call For Bloggers

editor

Last month there was a flurry of messages about the possibility of starting a Midtown Blog. The enthusiasm has since waned. I'm ready to move forward with the design and coding, if anyone's willing to blog their hearts out. If I can get three volunteers, we'll do it. Otherwise, it might not be worth the effort.

Failing that, what about a Houston blog with one or two bloggers for each neighborhood. Any thoughts?

In terms of commitment I'm looking for at least one article a week, and on topics like development, store/restaurant openings and closings, proposed construction, traffic -- all the sorts of things we discuss here on HAIF.

I've looked at a number of blogging programs, and none of them really seem right for this project, so I'm going to write my own. It will be very simple, but hopefully quick and light, and as I learn how to do more things I will add features.

So, I guess the only requirement will be that you'll have to write one article a week, and post under your real name and photo. You don't have to link them to your ID here on the forum, but I want this to be a credible project, not a bunch of anonymous yahoos yammering on in cyberspace.

Woodlands bloggers are welcome. Heck, any neighborhood. It would be nice to get someone from downtown and someone from the Galleria area on board, too. I might make a little map and you could click on a neighborhood to read articles from that area's bloggers.

Any other ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've sent messages to each person who expressed an interest in blogging for Houston, but have only received a couple of replies.

The code is almost finished, so if you're still interested, send me a message with the following information:

-Your real name

-The name you want to blog under (Real names are preferred)

-A quickie bio (1-2 paragraphs about your background, experience, and interest in Houston architecture)

Bloggers will no longer be confined to "Midtown" or "Real Estate" categories. They are free to blog about any part of Houston, though the articles themselves will still need to be categorized.