Boom Boom Room At 2518 Yale St.

Moose

Just passed by a new restaurant/bar on Yale between 26th and 27th street. It's called The Boom Boom Room and they style themselves as a "wine and pannini bar." I think they are also open for coffee and breakfast. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the concept sounds pretty cool. Has anyone been?

The wife and I decided to go ahead and check it out tonight. We arrived after 10:30 and they had a very good crowd. I'd say it is really more of a wine bar that elects to serve coffee and pannini sandwiches. Their logo actually reads "coffee and pannini for breakfast and wine and pannini for lunch and dinner."

That being said, their wine list was three legal pages long and the two we selected were very good. My wife sampled a piece of their carrot cake and it was fresh and tasty.

I believe this is the type of place the Heights needs. It is not the wine bar/store like Cova or Corkscrew, but it is a laidback and nice wine bar that plays classy jazz in a good atmosphere.

The wife and I decided to go ahead and check it out tonight. We arrived after 10:30 and they had a very good crowd. I'd say it is really more of a wine bar that elects to serve coffee and pannini sandwiches. Their logo actually reads "coffee and pannini for breakfast and wine and pannini for lunch and dinner."

That being said, their wine list was three legal pages long and the two we selected were very good. My wife sampled a piece of their carrot cake and it was fresh and tasty.

I believe this is the type of place the Heights needs. It is not the wine bar/store like Cova or Corkscrew, but it is a laidback and nice wine bar that plays classy jazz in a good atmosphere.

Moose,

Thanks so much for the info. I agree- sounds like the kind of place that should do well here. We'll check it out, as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Heard that this place is NO SMOKING only? Is it true?

Yes, it is non-smoking!

My friends and I stopped in around midnight Saturday night to eat dinner (we had been at a concert and skipped dinner). and WOW. We loved it there. It's like nothing I've ever seen before in Houston. Very intimate and cozy and they were playing old Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc.

It kinda has a Chaise Lounge vibe...

The wine list is extensive, and the kitchen is open till 1:30 AM. We ordered the cheese & fruit plate and 2 paninis. The cheese plate was pretty standard, but good. The paninis were AMAZING. We tried the Caprese and the spicy steak with onions (can't remember the exact name), but both were good... the bread is the PERFECT panini bread... like the kind you get on the streets of Paris. Yum!

Guest Malvoe

Some friends and I went there last weekend. Cool place. I hope they bring in some live bands to play. It would be great to see a chill jazz trio or something play there.

• The title was changed to New Restaurant/Bar On Yale St.
  • The title was changed to Boom Boom Room At 2518 Yale St.

Archived