Grand Parkway Segment F-2 hearing set

pineda

story from Houston Chronicle

David Gornet, executive director of the Grand Parkway Association, said the decision to hold the hearing over two days stemmed from attendance at past public hearings, which were often standing-room only and went on well past midnight.

"This location seats 850," Gornet said. "If more people show up, they can move to the commons area where we will simulcast the public hearing. We scheduled a second night to accommodate people's schedules, and to allow people to come back and speak if they choose to leave the first night because it is too crowded."

Yep, no many how many times the Grand Parkway Association trots out their outdated maps and studies, the room will ALWAYS be "too crowded" with the opposition. Get used to it, David... ;)

It is a proposed tollroad project, with few access points. Those discussed in this area would include Kuykendahl and Gosling, but nothing has been finalized in that respect. No funding partners have been identified at this point in time either. We're still in the Draft Environmental Impact Statement stage.

(I just received this from Corridor Watch, but I thought the recommendations for the DEIS process could just as easily be applied to the DEIS process for the Grand Parkway Public Hearings next week.) -_-

CorridorWatch.org NOTICE TO MEMBERS - 07.06.06

Now is the time for CorridorWatch members to do something that will have an impact. Please take the time to read all the way throught this rather lengthy communication. It

Jeez...these folks sure know how to come up with extraneous arguments against the TTC. Most are BS and they know it. Although there is most certainly a need for improved highways, I myself don't like the plan for two very good reasons: 1) many of the proposed alignments are circuituitous and inefficient compared with interstates, and 2) most rural interstates in Texas are more easily expanded; we should be putting high-speed toll roads down the middle of existing highways.

Soft terrorism target? <_<

I was just hoping for the Grand Parkway to be a six lane freeway, not some gigantic monster (TTC).

.... and I am hoping that the powers to be at TX Dot would realize that building a four, six, eight (whatever size) lane highway through the middle of neighborhoods and right by public schools is not in the best public interest for residents of Spring. Nor for that matter, contrary to the current DEIS is it safe.

I actually like much of the rationalization that is used for why the Trans Texas Corridor should not be built. Some of it is applicable to the Grand Parkway and should find its way into public comments. Thank you for the information Pineda.

pine, is there anywhere online I can get an actual updated map that shows the real route of the F-2 segment. From what I have read it has not changed really at all but I just need to see for myself.

Also I plan on being at this hearing on the first night, how many people are you expecting to come out and speak against the road, and how many of those people are people of influence, not just a regular joe like myself who's opinion doesn't matter to those who are trying to build this road through my living room? I just want to know what to expect and it sounds like you have been through this before.