Top Houston Mods

Jersey01

I re-compiled my tops list into 2 favorites lists, a "big/expensive dream house" list and an "obtainable house" list. By no means is this list comprehensive, and the ones I've been inside get a little bump up the list based on the fact that I have been able to appreciate them up close... Also, it should be noted that my tastes veer toward the Miesian box type houses, which in no way should diminish the Organic style. However, these suite my tastes the most.

Big and or very expensive houses - * means I

8210 Colgate is pretty amazing. I joined a neighborhood association committee just because I knew it met there so I had the chance to go inside. It has a flat roof which I love. HUGE atrium and most interior walls are either glass or exposed brick. If in Glenbrook sometime you should drive by. And also drive by

7834 Santa Elena. It's awesome. It's an L-shape house and the front facing the courtyard and pool is 100% windows. You can't see from the road because the front and courtyard are enclosed with a brick wall that protects the residents privacy. The garage is flatroof, and the roof of the main house is slighlty slanted...which produces awesome space for clerestory windows everywhere. Lots of exposed brick inside.

• 4 weeks later...

Ben,

Do you have a good picture of this house you can post? We passed by it today after we were done with the Azalea Trail and I remembered you had it listed on your favorites.

Jason

6058 Crabb Orachard Road - Walter P. Moore Sr. House - Presumably Wilson, Morris, Crain & Anderson, but no one knows for sure.

Archived