Any Former Pool Poachers Out There

Looking at the thread for the Carousel Motel made me remember (well, mostly) when friends and I would soak up the rays and booze at the Allen Park Inn. The management didn't seem to care as long as we bought drinks and didn't get too rowdy. Rockefeller's nightclub used to put their talent there so we'd meet some interesting folks. Some of the staff from KLOL hung out there, too. And the street skaters The Urban Animals. Geez, the Animals' motto used to be "pass the joint." Now, it's "hey, you wanna hold my grandkid?" Now the Inn is gone.....and The Ale House.......and Rockefeller's..... and Blythe Spirits........and The Ready Room. Probably 'cause I gave up the grape. Man, I feel old.

Anybody out there remember "pool poaching?"

Never poached at the pool, but we certainly hung out at the Allen Park Inn bar. The sign outside said "Cocktail Lounge" so that is how we always referred to it. The music was this odd mixture of honky-tonk and lounge stuff. Just a great place. :D That is also where out-of-town film crews often stayed while they were filming the occasional movie or commercial in Houston.

Never poached at the pool, but we certainly hung out at the Allen Park Inn bar. The sign outside said "Cocktail Lounge" so that is how we always referred to it. The music was this odd mixture of honky-tonk and lounge stuff. Just a great place. :D That is also where out-of-town film crews often stayed while they were filming the occasional movie or commercial in Houston.

You went INSIDE ?????!!!!!!!!!! Were you like rich or something? :o

• The title was changed to Any Former Pool Poachers Out There

Archived