Possible New Forum Group?

In the "Outside Houston" group, there cities covered such as Austin, Dallas/FW, New Orleans, etc. etc. There are also the cities and areas that are really part of the Greater Houston area...i.e. the "Houston Metro area." I was just thinking that this may appear to group any area outside the Houston city limits as "outside Houston" just the same as, say, El Paso is. Although technically correct, it does not capture the fact that cities such as Sugarland, Bellaire, Spring Branch, etc. etc., are so tied in culture and history to Houston, that they are pretty far from being "outside" the city, unlike like Austin, Dallas, New Orleans, etc.

Our metro family cities have very intimate ties to Houston, and it seems to me, should be ackhowledge as such. This is just an idea, but why not have a "Metro Houston" or "Greater Houston" section for our sister Houston area cities but that are outside the Houston city limits? And still have the "Outside Houston" section for the El Paso's and Austin's and such.

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting thought, but I worry about making too many subsections. I don't want HAIF to become hard to navigate.

There one place where we have subsections of subsections is Off Topic and Houston Weather. If we did something similar with cities, would it be too complicated?

Yeah, I want a section, or subsection for Bastrop so's I can post there when and if anything noteworthy ever happens here!

Seriously, I have wondered before if I should use Austin, or "Other Texas Places

Archived