Waterway Square Park At 31 Waterway Square Pl.

bachanon

I would have to agree with the fountains not being the DG. (obviously)

I have to disagree with no one traveling to view the fountains and the show it displays.

I do not live in the Woodlands, I am by FM 1464. I am going to go back there to view the show and have dinner while I visit.(am I the only one?) When planes land at Bush airport, quite a few people are headed to the Woodlands, and yes once the word gets out more about it, the fountains at waterway square will bring more people from all suburbs that aren't already visiting the Woodlands. Now they have a destination as a new purpose to visit. I am sure that happened when the waterway and boats began their journey. I have seen first hand how fountains attract people. (look no further than the Waterwall by the Galleria) which is maybe the most photographic site in the metro. Next up Pearland Town Center and then the Houston Pavillions.

My opinion is that a comparison isn't needed and is just unfair. They are both great things. Why complain?

I don't know, but the original poster's comparison probably got Waterway Square more attention on this board than it would have had otherwise. I don't think anybody has anything to complain about with these two new parks.

• 1 month later...
If Houston ever got around to doing that flood-canal thing we could have parks like that all over town.

The "flood-canal thing" is called "The Waterway".

Currently, it is about 1.4 miles long and extends from The Woodlands Mall, around to "Town Green Park" just beyond the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. It costs about $4.00 to ride the water taxi; you pay when you exit the boat.

Woodlands Events

post-6298-1212617841_thumb.jpg

If Houston ever got around to doing that flood-canal thing we could have parks like that all over town.

I agree. Houston has many fine resources that could be developed into something similar. maybe something could be done near downtown on Buffalo Bayou. However, creating the same type of place like San Antonio would be very difficult and cost a lot of money within the city proper. Wea are a wanna-be in the shadowes of San Antonio. We cannot hope to have the same tree ambiance as San Antonio. A number of their Bald Cypress trees are over 300 hundred years old! The Woodlands Waterway will become a major attraction over time. It already is well known with Channel 11 broadcasting from there every week. More hotels and restaurants will be built. Unfortunately, the eastern side of the lake was not included in the design of the waterway, thereby limiting the possibilities. I had envisioned a circular waterway like San Antonio, instead of a linear one. IN that respect, Houston has the same possibilities on one of the major waterways. Managing the flood conditions will be another very difficult story. How many times has Braes Bayou overfilled? Buffalo Bayou? I am unsure it is possible in the low-lying concrete jungle of Houston.

I have some photos also, in my blog. I recently started a new section for commercial and architecture interests.

An evening out on the waterway

The Woodlands Waterway Square Flickering Fountains

Does anybody know anything about Store and/or restaurants planned to open up in Waterway square. I remember reading about a "wholefoods" style store in the main building but it all seems to be very quiet in the 1st floor of the main building.

Thanks

Does anybody know anything about Store and/or restaurants planned to open up in Waterway square. I remember reading about a "wholefoods" style store in the main building but it all seems to be very quiet in the 1st floor of the main building.

Thanks

I have received some info that the deal is still possible. However, I also heard that a different type of natural food is planned for the square. I do not know what that is (yet).

hubbel & hudson faces lake robbins & waterway avenue. so, technically, it's not on waterway square. i'm looking forward to find out what restaurants are going in. the steel structure is being completed at 20 waterway and is supposed to house four restaurants. i haven't come across any announcements yet. anyone interested in leaking some info.....be my guest. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Waterway Square Park The Woodlands
  • The title was changed to Waterway Square Park At 31 Waterway Square Pl.

Archived