Here are a few I took last week.

Milwaukee Art Museum at night:

MKEArtMuseum.jpg

Milwaukee Art Museum by day:

ArtMuseumDay.jpg

The old Wisconsin Telephone Company building with the old Bell logo and the new AT&T logo:

BellTelco.jpg

The Milwaukee River downtown:

MKERiver.jpg

Old buildings in downtown Milwaukee:

OldDT.jpg

Doors to the historic, art-deco Hotel Metro:

MetroDoor.jpg

Development along the shores of Lake Michigan:

LakesideDevelopment.jpg

Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club:

MillerPark.jpg

Pabst Theater:

PabstTheater.jpg

Columns on an insurance company office:

Columns.jpg

I retain copyright on all of these. Please get permission if you want to use them.

Enjoy.

I am always impressed with how nice Milwaukee always looks.

I've always been partial to Madison (they're seems to be fundamental split even among the Wisconsinites about which city the like better). The two cities are remarkably different for being 80 miles apart.

I see Milwaukee as a city of great possibility that has slumped over the years. I disagree with the decision to build Miller Park away from downtown. I didn't know where else to put it but a lakefront stadium would have been something to be really proud of for the state. The lakefront and river offer tremendous possibilities and are showing promise lately. The summer festival scene in Madison is ready to kick off. Is summerfest still the world's biggest music festival? I think it is. Then there are all the ethnic festivals every weekend on the summerfest grounds, too. I miss the summers in Wisconsin... it seems everyone is in a good mood all the time.

After suffering through the winters, of course everyone's in a good mood! :D

True... although most of that is related to the lack of daylight. Watching the sun go down at 4pm is NOT cool.

But breaking out the short pants when it's 50 in March is something special.

Milwaukee is a surprisingly nice looking city, but it suffers horribly from a lack of people downtown.

I was there last in April. On a Wednesday. At noon. In the heart of downtown (that block of Wisconsin Avenue just east of the river.) Not a soul to be seen. After a few minutes some cars and a bus came through, but it felt like it was almost ten minutes before I saw someone else actually walking on the street. It feels a lot like downtown Houston on a Sunday back in 1999.

Still, it's really pretty and has a ton of potential.

Archived