I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the Houston area is getting two new Apple Stores.

One in Memorial City, the other in Sugar Land. I think I've seen the Memorial City location mentioned before, but this is the first time I've heard of the Sugar Land location.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at ol' Apple. They're making a comeback. I surprised that the Woodlands doesn't already have one.

The Woodlands already does lol. The Memorial City one will be convient to me. I hate haveing to go to the Galleria just to go to the Apple store.

Edited by technoevil

I was discussing with a friend last week that the IPOD is maybe the greatest invention of the last 10 years (or at least the best use of an invention). That is of course if you are into music.

Agreed. I listen to (and buy) music a lot more now, just because it is easier. I used to wonder why people were so attached to their ipods, but after getting one, I understood.

Agreed. I listen to (and buy) music a lot more now, just because it is easier. I used to wonder why people were so attached to their ipods, but after getting one, I understood.

The IPOD truly is an amazing thing. I am about to get my second one (upgrade). I had three different MP3 players before I finally got an IPOD. I have no doubt there are no better MP3 products out there. What I love so much about the technology is the ease of use and lightweight aspect of the thing.

Last weekend there were 7 of us at a beach house. I brought my IPOD speaker system and between us there were 4 IPODS. We estimated we have 10,000 different songs between these IPODS.

Eveyone had different music tastes so every 30 minutes or so someone was screaming "What the hell is this?" Then they would jockey to plug in their IPOD. Mine was the most hated as a quarter of the 1200 songs on there are from the genre of Hair Metal. I love it, most despise it. When the Dokken and Dio hit the airwaves people would start to moan and I would start to bang my head. Of course another buddy had all sorts of Polyphonic Spree, Pink FLoyd and other stuff I despise. Good times for the music snobs.

IPODS RULE. :wub:

I have a few iPods, and love them all to bits. A few months ago I bought a couple of other "off-brand" MP3 players, and it's amazing how badly the other options suck. The interface, the build quality, and the bang-for-the-buck just aren't there. Even with extra features like voice recording, radio, and radio recording, they just can't match the experience provided by an iPod.

I have a few iPods, and love them all to bits. A few months ago I bought a couple of other "off-brand" MP3 players, and it's amazing how badly the other options suck. The interface, the build quality, and the bang-for-the-buck just aren't there. Even with extra features like voice recording, radio, and radio recording, they just can't match the experience provided by an iPod.

I bought a MP3 player back in 2001 and it was when they first came out. Maybe it was 2000, anyway it was $550 and had maybe 5gigs. It was so hard to navigate, was the size of a large mini CD player and the battery pack went dead in a year. I still have it at the office and it still works if plugged into the wall. I leave on the desk every night expecting it to get ripped off my housekeeping, but I think they know it is a total piece of crap. I plug in a few times a week when I am on a deadline and need some good music to get me through the analysis.

I love I-Tunes too. I just used my 10 free downloads from continental (buy a ticket online and get 5 free songs per ticket). I fly alot so my last 20-30 downloads have been free. Pretty cool perk !!

You can also get free iTunes from Apple. They have two free song downloads each week. Sometimes they have free video downloads, too.

My birthday is in a few weeks away and I have talked my wife into letting me pick out a new IPOD. I am so fired up to get back into the IPOD game. Mine is fine, but old and I have a hankering to download tons of songs. Her birthday is in September and she wants a NANO (pink of course).

:D:D