Swoopes 22 Sports Bar & Nightclub

From the Montrose Voice:

The mirror balls are hung and the large screens are in place as workers, with a little less than a week to go before grand opening, are frantically putting the finishing touches on Swoopes 22 Sports Bar & Nightclub.

"I want this club to be a place that will be comfortable for women in particular," said Sheryl Swoopes, basketball legend and out lesbian. "So many clubs have a younger crowd, and I want my club to be where mature, professional women can meet up with friends, relax and enjoy themselves."

Link to article

This is located on Leeland, just a few blocks behind Toyota Center in Chinatown. Stopped by last night hoping to score a free t-shirt, but was told by the friendly young woman at the front door that last-minute glitches caused the opening to be held elsewhere. They anticipate that the club will open for business this Sunday. (Also gave me a free pass for when they do open - pink, of course! :D )

Looked like a nice place from the outside, and was told that they have a large stage with room for performers. This neighborhood has had a boom in nightclub openings and hope this contributes to its success.

Archived