Intresting article .

For some reason people just love to compare Houston to other places. Dallas.. Chicago.. New York. I wonder why that is. Perhaps the city needs a stronger sense of identity. Maybe that's just something that will come naturally over time since Houston is still a young city.

maybe it's because houston is so freakin unique. i choose this town over any other city in the world. when people from nyc or la brag about their towns, i find myself aloof. it's hard to not shoot them down and to remain polite.

i remember the first time i visited nyc. i went to restaurants that everyone bragged about. "five star" people said, "best chef in america". blah, blah blah. i've had better service and better food in houston for half the price. houston is the shiite, me brotha.

the difference between houston and other world cities is media attention, plain and simple. as far as i'm concerned.........they can have it. i do not want the world to fall in love with my town. my town will change forever if that happens.

For some reason people just love to compare Houston to other places. Dallas.. Chicago.. New York. I wonder why that is. Perhaps the city needs a stronger sense of identity. Maybe that's just something that will come naturally over time since Houston is still a young city.

I dont think Houston needs a stronger sense of identity, if you dont agree.....find me one native Houstonian that isnt fiercly proud of his or her city and i will show you 2 monkeys that cant dance! ;);)

Yeah, it's great (with a few gripes...nothing real) I have a nice routine going. This site is pretty addicting though. It's 3:47 am I squeeze y'all in when I can :D

Im sched. to be in Man for about a week in June on business :(:(:(:( I will try to find time to squeeze in a trip to the 2 for 1 bar in the village. 2 drinks for the price of one in England is a "bloody steal" :):):):):)

Im sched. to be in Man for about a week in June on business :(:(:( I will try to find time to squeeze in a trip to the 2 for 1 bar in the village. 2 drinks for the price of one in England is a "bloody steal" :):):):)

Funny I'm scheduled to be in the States by June(although not Houston :( )

That is a steel I'm sure you'll find a pub....they're everywhere. Hope you can hang with these people they usually start gettin sh@t faced on weekends by noon. Have fun :D

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

Pardon me, but this was a story on the D-FW CBS affiliate. At least in this case it seems to be Dallas that is demonstrating the need for a stronger identity.

maybe it's because houston is so freakin unique. i choose this town over any other city in the world. when people from nyc or la brag about their towns, i find myself aloof. it's hard to not shoot them down and to remain polite.

i remember the first time i visited nyc. i went to restaurants that everyone bragged about. "five star" people said, "best chef in america". blah, blah blah. i've had better service and better food in houston for half the price. houston is the shiite, me brotha.

the difference between houston and other world cities is media attention, plain and simple.

Here Here!! I totally agree!

Pardon me, but this was a story on the D-FW CBS affiliate. At least in this case it seems to be Dallas that is demonstrating the need for a stronger identity.

Here Here!! I totally agree!

Yeah 1stword and I high jacked :ph34r: it after we established there was a thread already started,

here it is there wasn't much said about this story back then.

PS

1stwordonthemoon if you have any questions before your trip feel free to PM

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

So a Dallas-Fort Worth news station does a piece on "Houston versus Dallas". From the get-go, we can already expect it to lack any sort of objectivity. And it did. It turned out to be little more than a puff piece for Dallas. 90% of the details in the story were about the attractions of Dallas. There's hardly a mention of anything about Houston in there. Hardly what I'd call an objective analysis.

And why do they quote the Dallas CVB's saying how superior their city is...while they quote the Houston CVB whining about the advantages of Dallas? Somehow I don't think those quotes were representative of what those spokepersons actually said when interviewed.

And I question the notion that Houston has "seen its zenith". It seems to me that both Houston and Dallas are both growing and growing strong.

I'd like to see a REAL objective article reviewing the strengths and weaknesses of Houston versus Dallas. I think we hold our own.