The Fort Worth Forum

C2H

i definitely agree with The Great Hizzy. That's bull when people say that people in Dallas don't spend their times worrying about Houston. My experience in my whole life living in this city, people in Houston always kept to themselves. We do our thing down here and Dallas does their thing up there. Houston's no more worried about Dallas anymore than Dallas is worried about Houston... believe me

To say that Dallas isn't concerned about Houston is bogus. People in Dallas look at things in Houston to learn from things and vice-versa.

If truth be told, i think people in Dallas really do watch Houston enough to write a columns in their newspapers entitled: "That Sinking Feeling: When Houston's Gone, Will Anyone Miss It?" (here's the link if u don't remember) http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showpost...8&postcount=166 .

Or how about naming Houston the Texan of the year? Or how about all Dallas's sports officials who are jealous of never hosting a superbowl when Houston's hosted 2? I think Dallas often tries to outdo Houston but when its all said and done, Dallas and Houston are 2 different worlds.

Good. Put it to bed. The title of this thread does not have the name "Dallas" in it.

i definitely agree with The Great Hizzy. That's bull when people say that people in Dallas don't spend their times worrying about Houston. My experience in my whole life living in this city, people in Houston always kept to themselves. We do our thing down here and Dallas does their thing up there. Houston's no more worried about Dallas anymore than Dallas is worried about Houston... believe me

To say that Dallas isn't concerned about Houston is bogus. People in Dallas look at things in Houston to learn from things and vice-versa.

If truth be told, i think people in Dallas really do watch Houston enough to write a columns in their newspapers entitled: "That Sinking Feeling: When Houston's Gone, Will Anyone Miss It?" (here's the link if u don't remember) http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/showpost...8&postcount=166 .

Or how about naming Houston the Texan of the year? Or how about all Dallas's sports officials who are jealous of never hosting a superbowl when Houston's hosted 2? I think Dallas often tries to outdo Houston but when its all said and done, Dallas and Houston are 2 different worlds.

Tcole said it well.

Look, if you have some problem with Dallas, or topics on dallasmetropolis.com, then obviously the place to take it up is there, not here. As you know, these little Dallas vs Houston p---ing contests do not belong on HAIF. Deal with it.

tcole and subdude, i only made that reply in response to this comment made by someone earlier. sheesh!

Yea Dallas don't spend time concerned about Houston. It spends it's time Bashing Fort Worth and the burbs north of Dallas. You should read Dallas forum what they write about non-Dallas folks. Down right ugly. even other Dallasites bashing other Dallasits in the same forum.

in all fairness, this should be told to everyone because it seems like scarface did get singled out a little.

But anyway back to the topic, I wouldn't even put San Antonios skyline on par with Fort Worth's. I'm currently living in San Antonio right now doing an internship, it needs new towers. I think Fort Worth and Houston kind of have a mutual respect for eachother when its all said and done.

thanks tierwstah. i think i got singled out because my post was the most recent- everythings cool, lets just move on.

Fort Worth's skyline does definitely need work. I mean, Fort Worth is bigger than Denver now.

I visited fort worth this weekend when i went to Dallas. It was hard to believe that Fort Worth is as big as people say it is. Downtown at street level is really nice. The Fort Worth Stockyards are cool( They even let you drink beer on the streets there). But other than that, i didn't see where Fort Worth had the action of a big city.

You're right the Dallas forum can get ugly sometimes in regards to other cities. But I must disagree with it's attitutude about FW. It seems the people on the FW fourm (I visit it ocassionly) bash Dallas alot more than Dallas bashes FW. Dallasites seems to mention FW in passing and if something is posted about FW, it's discussed briefly and everyone moves on. I think Dallasites think FW is not in the "big" city league ( to which I somewhat agree).

I have family in both cities. I guess that is what it takes to see things fairly. :lol:

FW has done some decent things downtown, but it has no skyline and it's lagging behind other cities in terms of urban development. Dallas forum members seem much more concerned with Houston, Austin, Atlanta, Chicago, L.A. etc. Cities they feel Dallas is in more "competition" (can't think of a better word) with.

You see . Thats the point. Fort Worth as you say "some decent things downtown". Fort Worth has been on a ongoing infill development craze well before Dallas. Sundance in the 80's .Firestone Apartment in 1991. Its been nonstop ever sence. Condos are being renovated in DT old historic buildings now. And filling fast before they are finished. Not only that but development and redevelopmet well away from Downtown Fort Worth. I have seen it with my own eyes Renovation miles well away from Downtown Fort Worth in every direction.

It even got President Clinton to drop into Sundance to talk about Fort Worth. That says a lot about Fort Worth when Clinton knew he was not going to ever carry Fort Worth or Texas for that matter . And still he came to Fort Worth! A whole lot has happened from Clinton's 1996 visit. And dirt is flying all over the city. I have read in thier Star-Telegram. About the never before backlog in thier city development department with building permits. Last weeks census adds that Fort Worth is the 3rd fastest growing city in the U.S. In 1999 it was 28th. Now thier 19th!

One thing and one thing only. NO NEW TOWERS are being built. And Fort Worth lags? You can't judge a city on just it's skyline.

Victory is awsome but I would love to see ALL OF DALLAS do what thier doing in Fort Worth . Not just one area . We here in Dallas have one of the best and well known skylines in the WORLD. But I don't see the Whole city getting a makeover like Cowtown. But thier may be a lesson from Fort Worth. Downtown to kickstart development then the city as a whole. I just hope it comes true here in Dallas .......

North Texas, I have to disagree with some of your comments. Fort Worth did get on the bandwagon before Dallas regarding the downtown rejuvenation. But most of that was over ten years ago, since that time, Dallas has waaaay surpassed FW in terms of urban development. Not just Victory and Uptown are booming with new development, but so is Cedars, Bishop Arts/Oak Cliff, Oaklawn, SMU/Mockingbird Station, Lower Greenville, Bryan Place/East Dallas, not to Mention the huge urban style retail/hotel/residential/office development going across from Northpark, that will be just as big as North Park. Also the transformation of many of the surburban apartment complexes around the Galleria are being torn down and redeveloped into urban residential and retail. Change is happening all over Dallas, not just in one area. Dallas has left FW behind in terms of urban development, but so have many smaller and similar sized cities, look at Austin, Atlanta, Charolotte, Seattle, Nashville, Miami. I do like Fort Worth and what the city is doing is great, but its development is slow in comparison to other cities. Also skylines are representative of a city's growth, prosperity, evolution, imagination and creativity. That's why most cities desire skycrapers and highrises, they do make an impression.

North Texas, I have to disagree with some of your comments. Fort Worth did get on the bandwagon before Dallas regarding the downtown rejuvenation. But most of that was over ten years ago, since that time, Dallas has waaaay surpassed FW in terms of urban development. Not just Victory and Uptown are booming with new development, but so is Cedars, Bishop Arts/Oak Cliff, Oaklawn, SMU/Mockingbird Station, Lower Greenville, Bryan Place/East Dallas, not to Mention the huge urban style retail/hotel/residential/office development going across from Northpark, that will be just as big as North Park. Also the transformation of many of the surburban apartment complexes around the Galleria are being torn down and redeveloped into urban residential and retail. Change is happening all over Dallas, not just in one area. Dallas has left FW behind in terms of urban development, but so have many smaller and similar sized cities, look at Austin, Atlanta, Charolotte, Seattle, Nashville, Miami. I do like Fort Worth and what the city is doing is great, but its development is slow in comparison to other cities. Also skylines are representative of a city's growth, prosperity, evolution, imagination and creativity. That's why most cities desire skycrapers and highrises, they do make an impression.

troyboy the of Bank America building. You know the Big Green Tower. Promptly went bankrupt after being built. We have a way to high open office space in DT Dallas. For many years now . Onlt to get worse with Hunt, 7 Eleven getting thier own towers.Thats bad my friend. Very bad.

That's true but that has little to do with my post. The game of development is often risky. So are you saying don't build anything else because it might go bankrupt??. Houston's office space was hit hard in the 80's, yet the city has added lots of space since then. Besides Dallas, Austin, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, etc are building a lot more than just office space. So is fear of bankruptcy the reason developers move slower in FW or as someone put it on the Dallas forum, Fort Worth is an unproven market in a lot of regards, especially leasable office space, so developers are a lot more cautious there then in cities with a proven track record of successes.

Archived