Shopping Districts/Retail Developments

Does anyone know of new or proposed shopping districts/mixed-use districts for fashion retail? I know someone who's looking to open a fashion boutique there and wants to drive around and look at areas this weekend. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know of new or proposed shopping districts/mixed-use districts for fashion retail? I know someone who's looking to open a fashion boutique there and wants to drive around and look at areas this weekend. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Try sending an email or PM to Houston Retail. He's well informed on such developments.

Well you've got Traditional places like

Highland Park Village (Preston & Mockingbird)

Snider Plaza (Across from SMU at Hillcrest and Lovers Lane)

North Park Centre

McKinney Ave

Lovers Lane @ the Tollway

Preston Town Center (NW Highway and Preston)

Preston Rd / Oaklawn Avene

Lakewood around Casa Linda

New Places:

Mockingbird Station

West Village (ever expanding but HIGH HIGH rent)

Upcoming:

West Village

Victory Park (HIGH rent)

Park Lane Station (2 yrs before opening mostly parking surface now but across Central Expressway from North Park)

Main Street - downtown ( great tax incentives to keep open your shop with the lack of customers but would be there while rent is cheap and tons of residents are moving in)

Many more places

• 5 months later...

I was in Dallas last week, and I was very impressed with The West Village, and Mockingbird Station. We really don't have many mixed-use developemnts in Houston, that offers real nice shopping, dining, and lofts. I love the Rice Village area, and Highland Village, but other than the Woodlands and Sugarland, that is as good as it gets....

Archived