Old But Good News!

http://www.uptown-houston.com/info/pressRe...ate_DEC_05d.pdf

Univision Television Group to have 2 tv channels and 6 radio stations based in Uptown Houston.

I have been seeing that sign out there for years, but I never knew that it would be home to 2 tv channels and 6 radio stations, and the largest in the country. Mabe they can have tours.

I wonder will this be the headquarters?

Edited by citykid09

Univision Television Group to have 2 tv channels and 6 radio stations based in Uptown Houston.

I have been seeing that sign out there for years, but I never knew that it would be home to 2 tv channels and 6 radio stations, and the largest in the country. Mabe they can have tours.

Yeah ...... if you are into the Spanish media. If not it might just put you off.

I personally like switching to the spanish news, they tend to squeeze more world wide news and local news in just the same amount of time as their English counterparts. They also tend to give a different perspective on stories than regular mainstream...which is cool B) .ULTIMAS NOTICIAS :D

I think this is yet another example of someone using the phrase "largest in the country" when they should have used "largest that I know of." Back in the 90's I worked at a place in Charleston, West Virginia where we had nine radio stations (eight owned, one LMA) running out of our shop. I'm sure it's grown even more since then.

Clear Channel has eight stations in a 95,000 square foot facility in Burbank, California.

An outfit I used to know in Madison, Wisconsin was up to seven a few years ago.

In Quebec, Standard Radio applied to have 20 radio stations under one roof not that long ago. I don't know if they were ever given approval.

If you place more value with TV stations than radio stations, then Belo's complex in Dallas is bigger, or is going to be bigger. Last I heard, they planned to run five TV stations from there (WFAA/Dallas, KHOU/Houston, KVUE/Austin, their San Antonio station, and a UPN station between Austin and San Antonio.) They were considering adding their New Orleans operations, too.

In other cities (Duluth, Chicago, etc...) it's not unusual to have at least three or four TV stations in one place.