Why I love H-Town

Jeebus

The thing I like about Houston the most is you always discover new and interesting things. The city is so large (sprawl if you will) that you think you know most everything and then, wella, you find out there's something else.

I also love a hot summer day, basking in the sunshine and then walking into a cool house with the AC down to about 68 degrees. Yes, I am an energy hog and must be destroyed. :lol: H-town: my town! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Top of 610 Bridge on a clear sunset, looking west: The continuous skyline of Houston that seems to span 20 miles.

Top of 610 Bridge at night with low damp clouds, looking east: The mass of gothic industry spanning the Port of Houston

The 59 sunken section at downtown: The jungle of overpasses, underpasses, sidepasses, bridges, columns and steel, in every direction.

The Washburn Tunnel

I-45 Southbound at 610 North, approaching Downtown: the behemoth of the skyline giving the Dallas arrivals something to look at.

The various mini-tunnels all over town: Broadway at Cypress, Memorial Drive, Main just north of downtown, Franklyn at Navigation, etc., etc.

Sitting at the kitchen bar at

Top of 610 Bridge on a clear sunset, looking west: The continuous skyline of Houston that seems to span 20 miles.

Top of 610 Bridge at night with low damp clouds, looking east: The mass of gothic industry spanning the Port of Houston

The Washburn Tunnel

Thank you for bringing these up. I was in Pasadena last Friday, took the Washburn tunnel to Jacinto City, ate breakfast at the Jacinto City Cafe (which is another thing that I love about H-Town), and then went back to work via the East Loop. It was a clear day, and I was reminded just how gorgeous Houston can be from the east.

I've also been over the bridge during sunrise, while the fog has yet to burn off. And you're right...there's something very attractive about all those plumes of steam coming up from the refineries and through the fog banks.

One thing I love and I do mean LOVE, is the women in Houston. As much traveling as I do, I have never seen a city where i can walk into a grocery store and see at least 5 extremely hot women. Geeez, I just left Best Buy on Richmond and they were all over the place.

GOD BLESS THE WATER DOWN HERE! :P

Damn! How could I have forgotten the women!

Niche, glad you enjoy the east end too. Amigos still? heheheh. (That was my crude attempt at humor, via a Spanglish concoction of a sentence.)

[2112 extends olive branch]

Archived