WTB: 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT factory chrome wheel

LarryDallas

First of all thanks to the moderators for creating this new section!

I hope it will not be abused and turn into what craigslist has become.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a factory chrome 17 inch wheel for my 1994 3000GT. This wheel was also standard on the 95 and 96 hardtop retractable spyders. It must not have peeling chrome or any structural damage. Light curb rash is okay. If you have 2 I will consider buying them both. Name a reasonable price you want for it. It should look exactly like the photo below. I want to deal with someone preferably within a 100 radius of downtown Houston for a local inspection and pickup.

rims-94vr4.jpg

First of all thanks to the moderators for creating this new section!

I hope it will not be abused and turn into what craigslist has become.

Anyway, I am looking to buy a factory chrome 17 inch wheel for my 1994 3000GT. This wheel was also standard on the 95 and 96 hardtop retractable spyders. It must not have peeling chrome or any structural damage. Light curb rash is okay. If you have 2 I will consider buying them both. Name a reasonable price you want for it. It should look exactly like the photo below. I want to deal with someone preferably within a 100 radius of downtown Houston for a local inspection and pickup.

rims-94vr4.jpg

I don't know what your situation is...but if you're replacing existing wheels, why don't you have them repaired?

To repair a chrome wheel requires it be rechromed once it is straightend out and true once again. There are only a handful of shops that do this in town. The cost is $250 plus a 4 week turnaround time.

Under 2000 cars had these wheels on them and they are nearly impossible to find anywhere. I'm trying to get a good wheel and get the car back on the road sooner and for less $$$.

Larry. I am in the car business and can tell you from experience that $250 and 4 weeks is gonna be alot less time and aggrevation than trying to locate these "rare" wheels, and since they only came on 2000 cars total, they are indeed rare. I would throw a steel wheel on for 4 weeks, if this is your only mode of transportation and send the wheel off. It ain't "cool" but it will be cool in a month.

• 2 years later...

Okay, I know this is a very old post, but I just now found this forum when I was researching a set of wheels: I have a full set of these 17 X 8.5 Chrome O.E. 1994 Mitsubishi 3000 GT wheels. Two are perfect, and two have one small bubble each. I have had them in storage for two years now and will be digging them out tonight for a test fit on one of my cars that needs new tires. I am willing to sell the whole set for $300 plus shipping. I am in Arkansas, Zip is: 72002 If you find this post by internet search engine like I did, and don

Archived