Former police chief Troy Finner

Finner got caught by the “gotcha” media.  They are really disgusting…

but on to the next guy…meanwhile the real issue of lack of resources at HPD continues unaddressed.

Poor Satterwhite…I hope he has a lily white record…which none of us do…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hbg.50 said:

Finner got caught by the “gotcha” media.  They are really disgusting…

What is "gotcha media?"  Looks to me like a local news organization doing exactly its job — Holding the powerful accountable.

Do you call it "gotcha police" when a cop pulls you over for speeding?

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

From Axios, regarding Finner’s resignation:  

• The move came after an email surfaced showing he was aware officers were dropping investigations due to a "lack of personnel" years before he claimed to have found out.

CBS 11 KHOU-TV Houston discussed the suspended cases scandal as well. Plus one of their investigative reporters exposed Finner's lies. 

2 hours ago, hbg.50 said:

Supposedly Whitmire is after Dallas' top cop Eddie Garcia.

Dallas media is putting on an all-out blitz to try to keep Garcia in Dallas.

We'll see if Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson (R) & Co., can prevent Garcia from leaving the Big D.

From what I've heard, Rice University political science professor Bob Stein thinks it'll be awhile before Whitmire appoints a permanent HPD Police Chief. 

Basically: Satterwhite will be the interim Police Chief for awhile. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Blue Dogs said:

From what I've heard, Rice University political science professor Bob Stein thinks it'll be awhile before Whitmire appoints a permanent HPD Police Chief. 

Based on Stein’s comments in the Houston Press article I don’t think he has any intimate knowledge of what or when Whitmire will act.

In any event Dallas leaders are keen to keep their police chief:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2024/05/08/dallas-police-chief-eddie-garcia-houston/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2024/05/10/unprecedented-police-associations-voice-support-for-chief-garcia-staying-in-dallas/

Aranda said it’s no secret that García wants a contract, adding officials should’ve done something a year and a half ago when requests for one were first voiced. But, he said, the city appears dedicated now in trying to keep García.

Edited by editor
Edited for copyright reasons. Do not copy and paste. Summarize and link.
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 12:42 PM, hbg.50 said:

Based on Stein’s comments in the Houston Press article I don’t think he has any intimate knowledge of what or when Whitmire will act.

In any event Dallas leaders are keen to keep their police chief:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2024/05/08/dallas-police-chief-eddie-garcia-houston/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2024/05/10/unprecedented-police-associations-voice-support-for-chief-garcia-staying-in-dallas/

Aranda said it’s no secret that García wants a contract, adding officials should’ve done something a year and a half ago when requests for one were first voiced. But, he said, the city appears dedicated now in trying to keep García.

Let's hope for Johnson's sake, Garcia stays in the Big D with a new contract.