Given the amount of hype the WNBA has been getting as of late, I keep coming across more and more pieces stating a desire to have the league expand back into the Houston market. The league has expressed an interest in expansion over the next 4 years, though Houston has not appeared in any of those discussions - publicly at least.

February: The WNBA wants to expand, and Houston is the perfect city (chron.com)

Earlier in April: Houston Comets: Travis Scott wants WNBA team back, what are chances? (houstonchronicle.com)

Also earlier in the month, mentioned along the NHL chatter: Houston's Tilman Fertitta renews interest in drawing NHL, WNBA teams to city (sportsbusinessjournal.com)

Editorial in today's Chronicle: Houston needs a new WNBA team | Editorial (houstonchronicle.com)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 9:03 AM, ChannelTwoNews said:

Given the amount of hype the WNBA has been getting as of late, I keep coming across more and more pieces stating a desire to have the league expand back into the Houston market. The league has expressed an interest in expansion over the next 4 years, though Houston has not appeared in any of those discussions - publicly at least.

February: The WNBA wants to expand, and Houston is the perfect city (chron.com)

Earlier in April: Houston Comets: Travis Scott wants WNBA team back, what are chances? (houstonchronicle.com)

Also earlier in the month, mentioned along the NHL chatter: Houston's Tilman Fertitta renews interest in drawing NHL, WNBA teams to city (sportsbusinessjournal.com)

Editorial in today's Chronicle: Houston needs a new WNBA team | Editorial (houstonchronicle.com)

I've heard about Toronto & San Francisco will be getting WNBA teams.