Change In Login Procedure

I have been locked out of my account for months because of the change made requiring your email to login instead of your username. The problem is that I created my account more than 20 years ago. My account goes back further than the date it says I joined because I remember the site was hacked or something like that and we all had to start over (many years ago). If I could remember the email I used for the account back then I would have no problem, but I don’t. I’ve tried contacting the editor because I know that he created and owns this site but I never heard anything back. If any of you have had this same problem and know how to fix it please let me know. I created this account as a last resort and will keep it unless I can gain access to my old account. The same thing happened on skyscraperpage and I hadn’t logged into skyscrapercity in so long that it told me my password wasn’t long enough even though I know that it was correct. Any way, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

old name: citykid09

new (hopefully temporary) name: citykid09.