Vacant Land Kempwood and Beltway - Any Intel?

BlandGr

My son is interested in a house which backs up to the vacant lot at Kempwood and Beltway 8.  The street is Shadow Woods Ct.  The lot is located here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/sxGeBWNwawfqmsLd7   I'm curious to know if anyone knows of any development plans for this lot.  The realtor said that at one time Hines was trying to acquire the property for a mixed use development but that deal fell through.  I don't know who owns the property - Maybe Metro National?  

Bottom line, trying to assess what might get built right behind the house.  

Many thanks, 

BlandGr

Thank you for your thoughts.  I discovered the property search with the map after I posted my question.  I think its a different Metco - looks to be the Taub family (like Ben Taub) that owns all the properties in that area (your link is to an Oregon outfit with a slightly different name).  From what I gather, the family owns lots of real estate around Houston.  My bet is that its for sale to the highest offer for whatever use provides the greatest return.  I appreciate your digging.  I would have learned about the map search from you.  Many thanks, BlandGr 

12 minutes ago, BlandGr said:

Thank you for your thoughts.  I discovered the property search with the map after I posted my question.  I think its a different Metco - looks to be the Taub family (like Ben Taub) that owns all the properties in that area (your link is to an Oregon outfit with a slightly different name).  From what I gather, the family owns lots of real estate around Houston.  My bet is that its for sale to the highest offer for whatever use provides the greatest return.  I appreciate your digging.  I would have learned about the map search from you.  Many thanks, BlandGr 

@BlandGr the parcel address of the properties you're inquiring is  0 W Sam Houston  Pkw N. They're both owned by an entity named Texan Land & Cattle II Ltd, which as you noted is tied to Henry J.N. Taub (possibly Henry J.N. Taub II.)

The land is listed as agriculture production. It's possible the land could be developed into commercial, residential, or a mix of both in the future like most properties along Sam Houston Parkway.

gEDzMx0.jpeg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

Not familiar with the map search you used. please share infor.  This is what I had used    from https://arcweb.hcad.org/parcelviewer/  

this is the lot.  image.png.2612469111309269fb45c6db58669839.png

1 minute ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

@BlandGr the parcel address of the properties you're inquiring is  0 W Sam Houston  Pkw N. They're both owned by an entity named Texan Land & Cattle II Ltd, which as you noted is tied to Henry J.N. Taub (possibly Henry J.N. Taub II.)

The land is listed as agriculture production. It's possible the land could be developed into commercial, residential, or a mix of both in the future.

Thanks much.  I think that is the bottom line. No idea what could come - no zoning so its a crapshoot to buy something which backs up to vacant land.