1132 E 11th St

The 12,096-square-foot parcel at 1132 E 11th St sits on approximately 0.27 acres. The parcel consists of two lots.

I'm uncertain where in the Greater Heights 1132 E 11th St is located. It may be in the Norhill neighborhood. Please correct me if I'm wrong.  

On the property is a 1,180 sf building. According to HCAD records, the building was constructed in 1950. 

Adjacent to 1132 E 11th St is 1050 Studewood St, where pizza restaurant The Gyspy Poet is located. Hogg Middle School is across the street at 1100 Merrill  St. Also across the street from this property is Bicycle Speed Shop at 1123 E 11th St and a commercial building at 1125 E 11th St.

2DGPpR9.jpeg

GzwXOOT.jpeg

9yYy4f2.jpeg

1132 E 11th St was sold in December. According to records submitted to the county clerk's office, the proprietor of Magnol / Magnol French Baking acquired the property.

As discussed in another topic, Magnol owns the former Andy's Home Cafe property at 1115 E 11th St. The property was purchased last summer. It's possible 1132 E 11th St will be utilized for the bakery's parking.

2 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

1132 E 11th St was sold in December. According to records submitted to the county clerk's office, the proprietor of Magnol / Magnol French Baking acquired the property.

As discussed in another topic, Magnol owns the former Andy's Home Cafe property at 1115 E 11th St. The property was purchased last summer. It's possible 1132 E 11th St will be utilized for the bakery's parking.

Is HAIF going to freak out that a surface lot will be created?  What is wrong with street parking on Oak Ridge?

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:06 PM, steve1363 said:

Is HAIF going to freak out that a surface lot will be created?  What is wrong with street parking on Oak Ridge?

If the 1132 E 11th St property will be utilized for surface / overflow parking, I think residents or people visiting the neighborhood may welcome it.

I've never driven on Oak Ridge, at least the portion where this property is location. I do not know if there are signs prohibiting street parking or not. If not, then, people will probably park on the street too.

After last year's clash over Andy's Home Cafe's discontinued use of a nearby parking lot, perhaps the acquisition of this property remedies some of the parking issues. I don't know the owner of Magnol or am I privy to their expansion plans, but I'm assuming this may be a preventative measure to ensure their customers have parking options.

• Like 1

I've always hoped something development-wise would happen on this corner; if indeed it becomes only a parking lot I'd be a bit disappointed. But then again, I don't have the money to buy the lot myself ;D and hopefully they can make it look decent / landscape / etc. At the end of the day, almost anything would be better than the dilapidated building that's been there for years and I suppose with the school directly across the street development options are somewhat more limited. Agreed with @IntheKnowHouston that it's probably a preventative parking measure - which is a shame they can't all utilize the same lot where the proposed Starbucks will be (it's large!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twisterhunt said:

I've always hoped something development-wise would happen on this corner; if indeed it becomes only a parking lot I'd be a bit disappointed. But then again, I don't have the money to buy the lot myself ;D and hopefully they can make it look decent / landscape / etc. At the end of the day, almost anything would be better than the dilapidated building that's been there for years and I suppose with the school directly across the street development options are somewhat more limited. Agreed with @IntheKnowHouston that it's probably a preventative parking measure - which is a shame they can't all utilize the same lot where the proposed Starbucks will be (it's large!)

I too am hoping a the building on the property can be rehabbed. I see potential for it. Perhaps in the coming months we'll learn more about Magnol's plans for 1132 E 11th St and the former Andy's Home Cafe restaurant.

3 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I too am hoping a the building on the property can be rehabbed. I see potential for it. Perhaps in the coming months we'll learn more about Magnol's plans for 1132 E 11th St and the former Andy's Home Cafe restaurant.

There is ample street parking on Oak Ridge with one big problem.   No parking during school days. 20240320_112159.jpg.316bb98da9ff64c5fee314a9aa32095d.jpg

20240320_112446.jpg.be54fc366fdddd7397a4343cd8500b31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:20 PM, steve1363 said:

There is ample street parking on Oak Ridge with one big problem.   No parking during school days. 20240320_112159.jpg.316bb98da9ff64c5fee314a9aa32095d.jpg

20240320_112446.jpg.be54fc366fdddd7397a4343cd8500b31.jpg

Thanks for the information, @steve1363. I appreciate it.

With street parking prohibited along Hogg Middle School (on Oakridge St) during school hours, maybe that's why Magnol purchased the 1132 E 11th St property. The additional space may be for parking. I suppose we'll know for certain later this year when Magnol officially announces their expansion.