With the announcement of Tilman Fertitta buying the ROD for $500 million made me think of something.  I thought, maybe 10 or 15 years ago, Fertitta was having financial problems and was selling off properties. Times change, and the rich get richer, so maybe it doesn't even matter.  He actually bought a parcel in Memorial recently as well.  Can't wait to see what he does with that!

Tilman Fertitta has done a lot for Houston, especially for the University of Houston.  Though, some people get a weird vibe from him and his restaurants. I remember the whole fiasco about UT's 307-acre proposal, and how Fertitta sided with UH and got politics involved, thus causing UT to back out of the proposed campus.  Anyways, enough about his character.

Tilman and his Fertitta Entertainment built the only 5-star Hotel in Houston, The Post Oak Hotel At Uptown Houston. Pretty impressive real estate developer!

I look forward to the renovations and additions to the River Oaks District.  It's also nice to know that ROD is now locally owned. There are 2 vacant parcels on West Creek Lane, and one old (1990s?) apartment complex.  I'd hope for a hotel, or office building since the area already contains high-rise condominiums and apartments.

Here's a photo I took today while visiting BLVD Place.  TPOHAUH (The Post Oak Hotel At Uptown Houston).

VO33LmC.jpeg

• Like 1