Mardi Gras King Cake Drive-Thru - 2808 Caroline St.

hindesky

Carnival staple when King Cake Drive-Thru from New Orleans opens Feb. 10-11 in a Midtown parking lot, 2808 Caroline.

King cake enthusiasts Mike Graves and Tiffany Langlinais debuted the concept in the Big Easy last month and have taken the drive-thru to other Southern cities. They hope to bring some of the best renditions of the Mardi Gras dessert from renowned and up-and-coming bakers to people who love king cake.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/food-culture/restaurants-bars/article/king-cake-drive-thru-houston-mardi-gras-18653099.php

IEl0k1g.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, hindesky said:

Carnival staple when King Cake Drive-Thru from New Orleans opens Feb. 10-11 in a Midtown parking lot, 2808 Caroline.

King cake enthusiasts Mike Graves and Tiffany Langlinais debuted the concept in the Big Easy last month and have taken the drive-thru to other Southern cities. They hope to bring some of the best renditions of the Mardi Gras dessert from renowned and up-and-coming bakers to people who love king cake.

Gold star for a great idea.   I wish them success and I'm sure they will have it.

12 hours ago, ATH said:

Their Instagram page says they sold out of the entire Houston inventory in the first day!  Good for them.

I'm not surprised. When I was walking in the area, the line was at least four blocks long. One of the workers said prices were $40-45 each.

• The title was changed to Mardi Gras King Cake Drive-Thru - 2808 Caroline St.