Bethje Lang Building At 316 Milam St.

isuredid

Actually the lot that was the Bethje building (Warren's) is still just a parking lot. Market Square Garage was built while the Bethje building still stood.

Les Quatre Saisons restaurant in this photo from the 60s became Warren's in the 70s.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m41/dahornburg/Market_Square.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the article on the demolition of the old Warren's Inn. I remember Jose Serna (manager/bartender) talking about the plumbing issue which forced them out. Evidently the property owner of the adjacent property would not let them access the underground pipe to correct the problem, therefore they were forced to close.

I showed the photo to one of the current bartenders who was across the street as well. She said the photo was a keeper. I think they closed 12/24/87 and opened across the street on Christmas which is where it remains. If any of you ever go, ask to see the pic of the original interior of Warren's. It really was a show place.

Thank you for the article on the demolition of the old Warren's Inn. I remember Jose Serna (manager/bartender) talking about the plumbing issue which forced them out. Evidently the property owner of the adjacent property would not let them access the underground pipe to correct the problem, therefore they were forced to close.

I showed the photo to one of the current bartenders who was across the street as well. She said the photo was a keeper. I think they closed 12/24/87 and opened across the street on Christmas which is where it remains. If any of you ever go, ask to see the pic of the original interior of Warren's. It really was a show place.

The article said the building was 120 years old, but it was built in 1857 so it was actually 131 years old when demolished

Archived