Houston transportation and drainage operations boss resigns

On 1/31/2024 at 1:58 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

MASSIVE loss for Houston. We basically had a superstar on the team. Whitmire is a dumbass 

You think there is any correlation between these two events? 

From yesterday's Chronicle...

"Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo briefly clashed with fellow members of Commissioners Court on Tuesday over a raise of nearly 40% for Harris County Toll Road Authority Executive Director Roberto Trevino."

"It's because supposedly he's going to be offered a job at the city?" Hidalgo said. "He doesn't even have a paper offer yet. They said the offer is just verbal."

Houston Mayor John Whitmire's office declined to comment on whether Trevino is being considered for a job.

"Director Trevino has done an outstanding job leading HCTRA," Garcia said. "From saving Harris County from building a dangerous bridge over the Ship Channel to increasing multi-modal transportation, Director Trevino has proven he’s worth every penny he’s paid, and then some. I repeatedly asked previous leadership at HCTRA about reducing the price of tolls and was always told it was impossible. Director Trevino made it happen."

• Like 1

Absolutely. Whitmire is pretty anti-transit. But for someone to get damn near a 50% increase in pay is super fishy. I don't care what additional measures Trevino has supported. That should be a no-brainer when being the director. It tells me he's getting paid to get the Hardy Toll Rd extension built no matter what or who it affects. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2