Palais Royal At 614 Main St.

Highrise Tower

This week I learned a little about the Palais Royal department store brand.  I searched HAIF and I couldn't find an exact address of 614 Main except for the Capitol Hotel located at 614 Main which was many decades earlier.

From the newspaper The Houston Post dated September 17, 1922.

Experienced Sales Ladies in ready to wear specialty shop; must be experienced; steady position.

Palais Royal
614 Main.
--------------
Experienced colored maid who understands processing silk and woolen ladies' garments; must be experienced; steady position. Apply in person.

Palais Royal
614 Main.

Dt9qx4s.jpg

From the newspaper The Texas Jewish Herald dated March 11, 1926.

Lee Levy, 68, prominent business man died at his home, 4118 Montrose Boulevard, at 8 o'clock Monday morning.

Surviving Mr. Levy are his wife; one daughter, Mrs. Ben Wolfman, of Houston; one son, Milton H. Levy of Houston; one brother, Ben Levy of New York; and three grandchildren.

Mr. Levy, with his son-in-law, Mr. Wolfman, owned and operated a chain of stores, including The Fashion and Palais Royal of Houston, Leeland's of Dallas, and The Houston of Shrevenport, LA.

The body was sent to the Settegast-Kopf Company to St. Luis, NO., at 11:25 a.m. Thursday, over the L and G.N. Railway. Funeral services and interment was in St. Luis.

YNjfrqs.jpg