Ella Timbergrove: Multifamily - 1247 Ella Blvd.

hindesky

On 10/11/2023 at 9:54 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The proposed subdivision plat Ella Timbergrove consists of the following parcels:

• 1247 Ella Blvd
  • 2902 W 12th St

While I don't know for sure which address the developer will use, including them is helpful for others to find.

Correction on my part:  The proposed subdivision plat Ella Timbergrove consists of the following parcels:

• 1247 Ella Blvd
  • 1321 Ella Blvd
  • 2902 W 12th St

7 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Correction on my part:  The proposed subdivision plat Ella Timbergrove consists of the following parcels:

• 1247 Ella Blvd
  • 1321 Ella Blvd
  • 2902 W 12th St

Below is a parcel map outlining the following parcels in the Lazybrook / Timbergrove area:

• 1247 Ella Blvd
  • 1321 Ella Blvd
  • 2902 W 12th St

A multifamily / residential development by Lovett Homes is proposed on the aforementioned parcels. 

GUe9MhF.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

Lovett Homes submitted an application for the abandonment of an alley or portion of a street at 1247 Ella Blvd and 1321 Ella Blvd. It was submitted in 2020 to the city's Joint Referral Committee. The request was rejected.

At the time, the subdivision plat for the combined parcels was named Ella Grovewood.

Below is what was included in the application:

• Description and square footage of requested easement to be abandoned and sold.

No Easement available

• Legal description and address of the property abutting the portion of the easement to be abandoned and sold, by lot and block, including the name of subdivision. If the property is not located in a platted subdivision, provide the name of the survey and the abstract number

1247 Ella Boulevard, TR 61A and 61B ,  JOHN REINERMAN SURVEY, A-642

• Statement of intended use and details of the requested easement to be sold.

No Easement available.

•  What is the timeline for proposed redevelopment?

As soon as the abandonment process is completed.

• What is the timeline to vacate the property if the property is currently occupied?

The property has been vacated and demolition of the existing asphalt slab is schedule to begin in the next 60 days.

• Description and square footage of any property interest to be conveyed to the city by the applicant.

No Easement available.

https://popms.houstontx.gov/OnlineJRC/Review/Review/242

JbN9jVT.jpg

cOS2NY3.png

VvTQTek.png

nfdItxR.png

• Like 1

Lovett Homes submitted an application for the abandonment of an alley or portion of a street at 2902 W 12th St. It was submitted in 2020 to the city's Joint Referral Committee. The request was rejected.

At the time, the subdivision plat for the combined parcels was named Ella Grovewood.

Below is what was included in the application:

• Description and square footage of requested easement to be abandoned and sold.

No Easement available

• Legal description and address of the property abutting the portion of the easement to be abandoned and sold, by lot and block, including the name of subdivision. If the property is not located in a platted subdivision, provide the name of the survey and the abstract number

2902 W 12th St, TR 39F , JOHN REINERMAN SURVEY, A-642

• Statement of intended use and details of the requested easement to be sold.

No Easement available.

•  What is the timeline for proposed redevelopment?

As soon as the abandonment process is completed.

• What is the timeline to vacate the property if the property is currently occupied?

The property has been vacated and demolition of the existing asphalt slab is schedule to begin in the next 60 days.

• Description and square footage of any property interest to be conveyed to the city by the applicant.

No Easement available.

https://popms.houstontx.gov/OnlineJRC/Review/Review/243

SiDPQqr.jpg

i0QzzBD.png

mRZH5rZ.png

6BpVkTj.png

Below are site plans from 2019 / 2020 for the Lovett Homes development on this property. The site plans were submitted in 2020. These were included in the application for the abandonment of an alley or portion of a street.

The property consists of the following parcels:

• 1247 Ella Blvd
  • 1321 Ella Blvd
  • 2902 W 12th St

Site plan for 1247 Ella Blvd and 1321 Ella Blvd (Ella Grovewood subdivision plat)

SpTcnpt.jpg

Site plan for 2902 W 12th St (Ella Timbergrove subdivision plat)

dVSSVLb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So let me make sure I am understanding this correctly... the community gets in an uproar over $500K townhomes coming to the area (eye roll). They call on council members, newspapers, tv stations, etc. For years Frank Liu has been trying to build homes on this parcel. So then he says ok, bet. Time to call you all on your bluff.  I am just going to put a big apt complex in there instead out of spite!! A CLASSIC be careful what you wish for....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FalconRanch1 said:

For years Frank Liu has been trying to build homes on this parcel. So then he says ok, bet. Time to call you all on your bluff.  I am just going to put a big apt complex in there instead out of spite!! A CLASSIC be careful what you wish for....

Based off the plats, townhomes from Lovett Homes are still planned.  The townhomes are planned for 1247 Ella Blvd, 1321 Ella Blvd, and 2902 W 12th St,

If you go on the plat tracker, and click on the latest submission, its showing a "C2" application type which I believe is for multi family apts: 

APP NO.
2023-1889
REVIEW CYCLE
2023-21
APP. TYPE
C2
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

Where as before, it had a lot count of 77 and a C3F app type: 

APP NO.
2022-2639
REVIEW CYCLE
2022-24
APP. TYPE
C3F
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

This is an example of the apts down the street on Ella and 11th that are being planned: 

APP NO.
2022-2947
REVIEW CYCLE
2022-25
APP. TYPE
C2
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

I hope I am wrong as I much rather see the townhomes going in but I think the developer changed course. 

Edited by FalconRanch1
adding an I
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FalconRanch1 said:

If you go on the plat tracker, and click on the latest submission, its showing a "C2" application type which I believe is for multi family apts: 

APP NO.
2023-1889
REVIEW CYCLE
2023-21
APP. TYPE
C2
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

Where as before, it had a lot count of 77 and a C3F app type: 

APP NO.
2022-2639
REVIEW CYCLE
2022-24
APP. TYPE
C3F
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

This is an example of the apts down the street on Ella and 11th that are being planned: 

APP NO.
2022-2947
REVIEW CYCLE
2022-25
APP. TYPE
C2
Lot Count
Reserve Count
Reserve Size

I hope I am wrong as I much rather see the townhomes going in but I think the developer changed course. 

@FalconRanch1 oh. Thanks for clarifying. Maybe someone with further insight or intel will chime in with an update.

• The title was changed to Ella Timbergrove: Multifamily - 1247 Ella Blvd.