Texas Transportation

Dominax

It's not very secret.

It's not whether they end in 2 or 3. There are many single and two-digit interstates that end in 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0. Just look at the two in Houston. The rule is that odd numbered (not just those that end in 3) run north and south, and even numbered (not just those that end in 2) run west and east.

Again, it's not the last number on three digit interstates that counts -- it's the first. If the first of the three digits is even, it is a loop; if the first of the three digits is odd, it's a spur. The last two digits indicate the parent interstate. There are interstate loops with a third odd digit, because the parent is an odd number. 635 in Dallas is a good example of this. Likewise there are spurs with an even third digit. Again, it's the first number that counts on the three digit numbers.

You've explained exactly what that IH 155 was that I drove on from Carruthersville, Missouri to Dyersburg, Tennessee. You say that it's a spur. Yes it came off of IH 55, which you say is its parent interstate.

US 75 is a real proposal interstate for I-45 in Dallas

US 75 freeway has interchange markers above signs at each exits

and the only US Highway in texas.

us75_at_i635.jpg

its a difficult ways how Oklahoma is unsure to work their ways of doing US 69/75

us6975oklahoma.JPG

and the Indian Nation Turnpike in Mc Alester, OK of a larger interchange to connect a freeway up north to Tulsa than US 169 to reach KC.

i444wappi244_12mi.JPG

Edited by Dominax

US 75 is a real proposal interstate for I-45 in Dallas

US 75 freeway has interchange markers above signs at each exits

and the only US Highway in texas.

us75_at_i635.jpg

its a difficult ways how Oklahoma is unsure to work their ways of doing US 69/75

us6975oklahoma.JPG

and the Indian Nation Turnpike in Mc Alester, OK of a larger interchange to connect a freeway up north to Tulsa than US 169 to reach KC.

i444wappi244_12mi.JPG

U.S. Highway 59 is one of the main "freeways" that goes through Houston. Doesn't it have the same kind of signs that you said your photo of U.S. Highway 75 in Dallas has?

U.S. Highway 59 is one of the main "freeways" that goes through Houston. Doesn't it have the same kind of signs that you said your photo of U.S. Highway 75 in Dallas has?

No it does not. US 59 does not have the "Exit 21A" business; those mile-marker counters are typical of interstates. However, US 59 will have to add them if converted to Interstate 69.