Central Bakery's Former Location - 4817 Canal St.

2 hours ago, Ajfore said:

Anyone know what’s happening here? Central Bakery was our local churro connection, but they closed!? And today someone (new owner?) painted the beautiful yellow building entirely black. 

I was meaning to create a topic for this a few months ago, but forgot. Thank you for creating this.

To answer your question, replacing Central Bakery at 4817 Canal St is La'Verg. I think it's either a bar & grill or patio bar. The property owners are also the proprietors of La'Verg.

Heard thru the grapevine this place was passed down to the  kids from parents. The kids are turning this into some kind of bar (which sucks cause they had the best pan dulce sorry if you missed out). As if we dont have enough bars in the neighborhood already.  🙄

Edited by 2ndwardOG
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, 2ndwardOG said:

Heard thru the grapevine this place was passed down to the  kids from parents. The kids are turning this into some kind of bar (which sucks cause they had the best pan dulce sorry if you missed out). As if we dont have enough bars in the neighborhood already.  🙄

Yes, it will be a bar of some kind. Here's a post about it from a few days ago:

On 9/5/2023 at 11:26 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

To answer your question, replacing Central Bakery at 4817 Canal St is La'Verg. I think it's either a bar & grill or patio bar.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Central Bakery's Former Location - 4817 Canal St.