Fairfield by Marriot Austin - 76 E. Ave

hindesky

15 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ developers in austin, tx, seem to THINK OUTSIDE OF THE PROVERBIAL BOX.  maybe, just maybe, this is the sole reason that their newest skyline is fast becoming a TEXAS-SIZED MASTERPIECE.  the future is THEIRS TO BEHOLD...

Yeah, Austin rocks.  But Houston is my second favorite city in Texas, and I would move there if I couldn't live in Austin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Hills said:

Yeah, Austin rocks.  But Houston is my second favorite city in Texas, and I would move there if I couldn't live in Austin. 

^^^ as i currently reside in H-TOWN, personally, my mindset has always been that this is and has always been... a WONDERFUL/PROGRESSIVE city with a bounty of potential.  however, something is really wrong here when we have to practically BEG reputable developers to construct notable hotels and the such within our fair city.  based upon what we have been hearing lately, austin, tx, is getting ready to announce the addition of a gorgeous new RITZ CARLTON HOTEL.  heck, we in houston cannot seem to even get a W HOTEL. (we always seem to be very very very very late to the proverbial party in regards to construction) 

houston is supposedly the ENERGY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.  we harbor the WORLDS' LARGEST MEDICAL CENTER.  NASA, you name it, we seem to have it.  yet developers are constantly bypassing houston for supposedly greener pastures in DALLAS/AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO.  how on earth, we became the FOURTH LARGEST CITY IN THE USA... i will never know? 

• Like 1