Milwaukee Another Small City Getting Commuter Rail

editor

Are there any commuter train lines sched to be started and or completed before all light rail lines have been completed?

I do not understand how they could build a commuter rail line from Austin -San Antonio before they could build a short line from Downtown Down the Hempstead Corridor. Albeit, the traffic can be heavy traveling down I-35 from SA to ATX vice versa. Traffice here is worse and we already have the right away, and I dnt think UP would mind as long as TXdot builds grade seperated crossings at the rail lines. Txdot has done similar things with Hardy Toll Road y Loop 1 in ATX (Mopac BLVD), I would think Metro could get on board with this. Opinions?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyf...ws/3754847.html

Edited by T 2 THA C

I do not understand how they could build a commuter rail line from Austin -San Antonio before they could build a short line from Downtown Down the Hempstead Corridor. Albeit, the traffic can be heavy traveling down I-35 from SA to ATX vice versa. Traffice here is worse and we already have the right away, and I dnt think UP would mind as long as TXdot builds grade seperated crossings at the rail lines. Txdot has done similar things with Hardy Toll Road y Loop 1 in ATX (Mopac BLVD), I would think Metro could get on board with this. Opinions?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyf...ws/3754847.html

Is there a commuter rail line running between Austin and San Antonio?

Is there a commuter rail line running between Austin and San Antonio?

As of now not yet, but it is in the plans from the article I read on chron.com to be ready by 2008-2009 wich i find hard to believe.

"The statewide plan allocates nearly $12.4 billion for highway, rail and public transportation and aviation improvements across Texas during the next four years, according to a TxDOT press release on the plan.

Projects detailed in the plan include a commuter rail through Austin's metro area, which could be ready by 2008, and an Austin to San Antonio commuter rail line, which could be ready for service by 2009."

By ANITRA D. BROWN

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

• The title was changed to Milwaukee Another Small City Getting Commuter Rail