Wurlitzer Repair?

torvald

recently had a mouse in the apartment (no kidding) and now that the mouse is gone (ushered outside) my 1960's wurlitzer chord organ doesn't work. since that's where i found him hiding i think there may be a wire gnawed somewhere. already gave it a good lookthrough and can't see where.

so the question is... is there anyone you have used or can recommend? i am irritated and will need it for an upcoming performance next month... oh, the woes of the starving artist!

recently had a mouse in the apartment (no kidding) and now that the mouse is gone (ushered outside) my 1960's wurlitzer chord organ doesn't work. since that's where i found him hiding i think there may be a wire gnawed somewhere. already gave it a good lookthrough and can't see where.

so the question is... is there anyone you have used or can recommend? i am irritated and will need it for an upcoming performance next month... oh, the woes of the starving artist!

You may want to call your local H&H music center, and see if they may know of someone. I know there are people out there that all they deal in is vintage musical instruments.

As a starving artist, I'm thinking that probably money is a factor. Do you have a circuit tester? They're inexpensive and it's not that hard to learn how to use one. This could help determine which wire has been gnawed.

I've had to (reluctantly) learn basic piano tuning and repair, and while I'm not what you'd call proficient, it's saved me some $$ and allowed me to limp along.

As a starving artist, I'm thinking that probably money is a factor. Do you have a circuit tester? They're inexpensive and it's not that hard to learn how to use one. This could help determine which wire has been gnawed.

I've had to (reluctantly) learn basic piano tuning and repair, and while I'm not what you'd call proficient, it's saved me some $$ and allowed me to limp along.

yes, you pinned the other portion of the problem. i should have

been more direct about the financials! i can borrow a circuit tester

from the maintenance fella at work today. very good idea! thanks!