Buc-II's Super Mercado Mexico

• The title was changed to Buc-II's Super Mercado Mexico
2 hours ago, hindesky said:

The sign on the building clearly says Buk-II's, not sure why a mod would change to something it doesn't say?🤬

You mean: "Not sure why a certain mod would change it to something it doesn't say?"

And we both know who the mod is. Still, I wonder why either right after a topic is created or a few days later, the same mod takes it upon themselves to edit topic titles when it's not warranted? Every. Single. Time. I could see if it's warranted, but 9 out of 10 times it's not.

I also noticed this mod adds wrong titles that have nothing to do with the topic discussed. For example, in an old topic linked below, the person who started the topic is very clear about it being about general development along W 20th St.  A certain mod changed the title last year to "20th St. In The Heights" which was fine I suppose since the topic is about W 20th St. However, a few weeks ago, the same mod changed the title yet again to 250 W 20th St. The topic is not about 250 W 20th St. In fact, it's not about a specific property or building at all. Even so, the mod unnecessarily edited the title again, modifying it to something unrelated to the topic at hand.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30727-250-w-20th-st/

Screenshot of the topic I referenced above with the title changes shown:

ofTGFom.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

6 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

You mean: "Not sure why a certain mod would change it to something it doesn't say?"

And we both know who the mod is. Still, I wonder why either right after a topic is created or a few days later, the same mod takes it upon themselves to edit topic titles when it's not warranted? Every. Single. Time. I could see if it's warranted, but 9 out of 10 times it's not.

I also noticed this mod adds wrong titles that have nothing to do with the topic discussed. For example, in an old topic linked below, the person who started the topic is very clear about it being about general development along W 20th St.  A certain mod changed the title last year to "20th St. In The Heights" which was fine I suppose since the topic is about W 20th St. However, a few weeks ago, the same mod changed the title yet again to 250 W 20th St. The topic is not about 250 W 20th St. In fact, it's not about a specific property or building at all. Even so, the mod unnecessarily edited the title again, modifying it to something unrelated to the topic at hand.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/30727-250-w-20th-st/

Screenshot of the topic I referenced above with the title changes shown:

ofTGFom.jpg

Yes. How awful that a person who volunteers their free time to keep HAIF tidy for no pay should make a mistake. This is truly one of history's great injustices. 

Another option is to be tactful and bring it to my attention in a PM, rather than airing dirty laundry in public.

• Like 2

This is in Matamoros and Buc-ee's is aware.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/lifestyle/article/bukiis-bucees-opening-mexico-18260368.php

"Buc-ee's told the San Antonio Express-News in a statement that the company has been alerted about the "BUK-II'S" store. The company said, "Buc-ee's has invested heavily in innovation across the company to create and maintain …. award-winning guest experiences. Accordingly, Buc-ee's will not stand as an idle spectator while others use without permission the intellectual property that Buc-ee's has cultivated for decades.""

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 6:59 AM, editor said:

Yes. How awful that a person who volunteers their free time to keep HAIF tidy for no pay should make a mistake. This is truly one of history's great injustices. 

Another option is to be tactful and bring it to my attention in a PM, rather than airing dirty laundry in public.

Just seeing this since I have notifications and replies disabled...

My post was tactful, thanks. And posting what someone does publicly time and time again on a public forum is in no way "airing dirty laundry."  Especially since it's something many users have complained about both publicly and in private.