State Of Texas Medical Center 2023

Did anyone else notice on the Greater Houston Partnership calendar did not include the annual State of Texas Medical Center in September?

I emailed GHP and received a great reply.  The TMC date has not been settled yet. TBD.

Cannot wait until the event! Imagine the slideshows displaying future TMC developments.  * I hope TMC BioPort is involved.

https://houston.org/events

cfn1A6i.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We have activity!! Thursday, October 26, 2023.

https://www.houston.org/events/state-texas-medical-center

The locations are a bit unusual. One says Hilton of America's and the other says TMC Helix Park.

Featuring TMC President & CEO William "Bill" McKeon, this year's event will be held at the brand-new Helix Park campus and will offer a substantive program followed by tours, cocktails, and other attractions.

Additional details coming soon. 

lgPKGQo.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

We have activity!! Thursday, October 26, 2023.

The locations are a bit unusual. One says Hilton of America's and the other says TMC Helix Park.

Featuring TMC President & CEO William "Bill" McKeon, this year's event will be held at the brand-new Helix Park campus and will offer a substantive program followed by tours, cocktails, and other attractions.

Additional details coming soon. 

lgPKGQo.jpg

This kind of stuff drives me crazy.  Is it too much to expect the Greater Houston Partnership people to get the name of the hotel correct?  It is Hilton Americas or Hilton Americas-Houston, NOT "Hilton of America's" (which is not even grammatically correct).  And that is in addition to the ridiculous error in the narrative that HIghrise Tower pointed out, to wit:  the event will be held at the brand-new Helix Park campus (I'm presuming that's an error).  Either way the GHP's posting is an embarrassment. 

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, Houston19514 said:

This kind of stuff drives me crazy.  Is it too much to expect the Greater Houston Partnership people to get the name of the hotel correct?  It is Hilton Americas or Hilton Americas-Houston, NOT "Hilton of America's" (which is not even grammatically correct).  And that is in addition to the ridiculous error in the narrative that HIghrise Tower pointed out, to wit:  the event will be held at the brand-new Helix Park campus (I'm presuming that's an error).  Either way the GHP's posting is an embarrassment. 

This has been fixed.  I actually emailed my GHP contact and they fixed it within a few days!

Event details were released this week! Looks like Thursday, October 26, 2023 will signify the Grand Opening of TMC Helix Park!

I am concerned that TMC BioPort will not be mentioned since they did not secure the land as planned. They might not discuss BioPort if the development has been sidelined. What's there to talk about? How they need $200 million to buy the land?

About this Event

The Greater Houston Partnership is proud to partner with the Texas Medical Center (TMC) for the 2023 State of TMC. 

This special event will mark the grand opening of TMC Helix Park - a first-of-its-kind complex that will drive collaboration between people, institutions and ideas that are driving cutting-edge innovation in health care, the life sciences and business.

Event highlights include:

* Remarks from TMC President and CEO William F. McKeon and Partnership President and CEO Bob Harvey 

* Virtual reality tours of TMC Helix Park 

* Live entertainment 

* Light bites and refreshments 

Group tables will not be available for purchase. Limited group seating will be available exclusively to event sponsors. Individual tickets will be available the week of October 2. 

Don't miss this unique opportunity to be among the first to experience one of the most highly anticipated developments in the Houston region. To gain brand exposure among life science and health care leaders, join us a a sponsor of the State of TMC today. Sponsors will receive VIP access and seating at the event plus exclusive opportunities to explore TMC Helix Park. Sponsorship levels are filling quickly, so we encourage you to secure your sponsorship level before opportunities sell out.

• 4 weeks later...