Texas Christian Nursing Home At 703 McGowen St.

I was looking around for old Houston hospitals (and related businesses) and found a postcard from the 1950s.

The postcard is from Texas Christian Nursing Home located at 703 McGowen Street in Midtown.

Does anyone know about this old place? Any family or relatives go here by any chance?

Looking on Google Maps, it appears the multifamily development called Camden McGowen has taken its place.  Very cool history nonetheless! I love seeing "what was before".  Before Camden's large project, there was a nursing home.

mNL7mgo.jpg

RhrSfAB.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here's a postcard that I've never seen before. The postcard includes further information about the old nursing home.  Cool history here!

Texas Christian Nursing Home
703 McGowen * Phone: JA 3-4463

Sponsored by Gospel Assembly Church.

14- Texas Christian does not assume any responsibility for the loss, or theft, of valuables; nor responsibility for accidents resulting from breach of rules.

15- Texas Christian reserves the right to move a resident to another room of equal rate should it prove more beneficial.

16- Texas Christian reserves the right to have a resident moved from this home at our own discretion based on the welfare of other residents.

This is your home. We are not going to give you a group of restraining rules to live by: Just live here as you would in your own christian home.

Khu2ecP.jpg

32TcN1y.jpg