Which Of These Summer Olympic Sites Do You Want To Visit?

DJ V Lawrence

If you could pick one of these cities to visit in an non Olympic year...  

4 members have voted

1. 1. where would it be?...

• Athens, Greece
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Atlanta, Georgia
    • Barcelona, Spain
    • Seoul, South Korea

Just like the other Olympic poll, these are the past five Olympic sites; this being for Summer.

I asked this because I'm thinking about the effort we put in for a Houston 2012 Olympics, and what we thought we could have accomplished for Houston should we have hosted it. Every city that tried to host the Games probably had the same mindset; to be recognized as THE world class city, and to have tourists, developments, and new history created there. The Torino Opening Ceremonies for example had over 2 billion viewers worldwide. Only the World Cup can create ratings that high.

Who most succeeded at making people say "that city was beautiful during the Games. I'd like to visit there someday"?

I would like to see some post-Olympic stats on what sort of bump each host city has had in their post-Olympic years. I have been to all of these places already, but in my mind, the places that are already tourist attractions continue to be, while the others (umm, Atlanta) don't get much bump past perhaps year 1.

Interesting thing about Torino: While the hotels there are sold out, there was a TON of flight available from the US to Italy even within a couple weeks of the games.

Archived