Houston-Boston World Series

ricco67

There has been various comments I've been hearing on the news this morning by various newscasters locally and nationally...

When Houston and Boston make it to the world series, it could be a metaphore for the political process that is going to happen.

For those of you that may not be familiar, Houston is G.W. Bush's hometown (or at least, has strong connections to it) is Houston; while Boston is John Kerry's turf.

While such a match never even occured to me, I find it interesting and it should be interesting (if you believe in fate) that Houston shall, therefore, make it to the world series!

If there is a Houston-Boston matchup, will this also set a precedent for the upcoming election? Will people vote along political lines? There are more Boston Red Sox fans, then there are Houston Astro's Fans.

Does that mean that Kerry will be elected? When (note: no "if") Houston wins the series, will the entire nation jump on the Astros bandwagon or will they vote against us because a baseball "nobody" will win?

No matter where your political stance lies, it should be an interesting case study on whether sports affects politics or not. Destiny? Who knows.

Ricco

I am Ricco, and I approved this message.

• The title was changed to Houston-Boston World Series

Archived