Metro Eyes Other Options....

Sorry, but there is nothing in the article we are all commenting on that gives the slightest hint that Mr. Delay is "indeed holding up the process."

I am sorry, but why should anyone have to chill when it comes to DeLay?

The man single-handedly witheld federal MONEY earmarked for Houston forcing us to pay way more than our share. He then said he wouldn't hi-jack future plans for rail if the voters passed the referendum. Well, guess what? The plan did pass and he is indeed holding up the process. Seems like flip-flopping to me.

Very well put, I do understand that all these factors need to be considered in planning.  I guess I'm just fustrated that we are not getting a more modern innovative rail system.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of trains snaking their way through neighborhoods at 35 mph, sharing the roads with automobile traffic. ;)

Welcome, Yaga.

The thing that people seem to forget: 35mph seems like light speed when the rest of the traffic is at a standstill. Many times have I taken light rail to the med center, and it would take an 30 minutes or longer to get from fannin @ McGregor to Fannin @ Dryden. I should know, I've driven that section many times when I HAD to take the car in.

Ricco

"The HOV/bus system isn't that great. Even if you use the park & ride, the buses still have to go to their stops and pick up passengers before they can enter the freeway. I did that for jury duty and it took over an hour before we could get going." (quote, westguy)

westguy, you did not say which park & ride you tried, but i have great success at the hilcroft transit center at 59/westpark. i simply have someone drop me off or take a cab to the transit center, where i catch the 163 or 132. from this transit center both buses enter the freeway directly, although i usually go with the 132 if i'm planning to get on the rail since the first stop is wheeler station. if i'm just going downtown the 163 works as well.

my biggest bus disapointment is the galleria area, as both the 53 and 82 are slow moving and often filled beyond capacity. i will take one of these only if i'm out of options, and feel sorry for anyone forced to depend upon them.

debmartin

my biggest bus disapointment is the galleria area, as both the 53 and 82 are slow moving and often filled beyond capacity. i will take one of these only if i'm out of options, and feel sorry for anyone forced to depend upon them.

debmartin

Oh I second that! When I lived in Westchase and would take the Westheimer buses to the Galleria area they were often so packed between Gessner and the West Loop that it was miserable. I've often wondered why Metro isn't running more of the larger articulated buses (the ones that bend in the middle) on those routes. I see them all the time on the 2 and 4 in town but rarely on the routes serving west Houston.

The 25 Richmond can be pretty crowded also, especially during rush hours.

• 4 weeks later...

I will only say, I have asked my God to change my heart with regard to Tom Delay. That is the only thing I can personally do.

Will someone please post the interview from the Houston Business Journal with Metro's head, David Wolff? I should have known it was too good to be true. With Tom Delay, things are never the way they seem. Always some fine print somewhere. I spit at his ethics. And I again, shake my head at his supporters.