Kimpton: Multifamily At 7500 Kirby Dr.

Hi again forum,

Thanks for all the insight (Where to live in Houston thread) that we've been using while looking for a home in Houston. We've decided that it'll be best to rent for a couple of months in order to get the lay of the land. After your comments, we'll probably be looking in Memorial and West University, both for an apartment and for a final home.

We've gotten the help of an apartment agent courtesy of my my employer to help us find a short-term place (6 month lease). They sent us a list of places that supposedly meet my criteria (safe, in Memorial or West U., ~1000/month for 2 bed, dog-friendly, close to either greenery (running trails) or interesting nightlife). However, I checked the ratings that these places got on apartmentratings.com, and most of them scored really poorly. Now, I'm wondering about the agent assigned to us, and whether they really are knowledgeable about their recommendations.

If you all have any suggestions of short-term rental places that meet my criteria, can you post them? If you are an agent, I'd be happy to give you the referal. Also, anyone have personal experience with the following places that were recommended by the agent?

Looks like I'll be buying lots of drinks when I get into town... ;)

Thank you!

blackdog

Places in Memorial:

The Memorial, 15135 Memorial Drive

Meadows on Memorial, 700 Memorial Mews

Silverado, 1335 Silverado Dr.

Village on the Parkway, ???

Ashford Lakes, 1200 South Dairy Ashford

Places in West University:

Gables Pin Oak, 4848 Pin Oak Park

Pin Oak Estates, 4807 Pin Oak Park

Camden Vanderbuilt, 7171 Buffalo Speedway