406 Hutcheson St

Below is an aerial view of 406 Hutcheson St.

The photo is of the 3509 Harrisburg Blvd buildout, but also includes a view of 406 Hutcheson St. It was taken by @hindesky earlier this month. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46429-office-with-retail-3509-harrisburg-blvd/?do=findComment&comment=675189

On 3/11/2023 at 3:55 PM, hindesky said:

BqZIQAO.jpg

IIjvRIs.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/26/2023 at 5:51 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Does anyone have insight into future plans for 406 Hutcheson St? Does The Platform Group have plans to acquire the property? 

3501 Harrisburg Blvd and 3509 Harrisburg Blvd are properties of Platform Group. I wonder if the real estate team has its sights on the entire block?

It seems The Platform Group may have plans for 406 Hutcheson St after all.

I don't know if Platform Group has acquired or is in the process of acquiring the property. Looking through county records, I'm unable to find documentation of the property changing hands. However, over the summer, the property is included on their website.

Also included on Platform Group's website is 402 Hutcheson St. As mentioned in the topic for 402 Hutcheson, Platform Group purchased the property earlier this year.

Vague plans for 402-406 Hutcheson are listed on the website:

• Project Type: Other, Residential

Located directly behind 3509 Harrisburg, improvements coming soon.

http://www.platformgroup.com/project/402-406-hutcheson/

402 Hutcheson St topic:
https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/50421-402-hutcheson-st/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2023 at 6:12 PM, hindesky said:

I asked what is planned for their building but they didn't know

Platform Group lists 402 Hutcheson St and 406 Hutcheson St on its website. The site provides a vague description of what may be coming down the pipeline soon:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/50420-406-hutcheson-st/?do=findComment&comment=689820

On 10/12/2023 at 1:49 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Vague plans for 402-406 Hutcheson are listed on the website:

• Project Type: Other, Residential

Located directly behind 3509 Harrisburg, improvements coming soon.

http://www.platformgroup.com/project/402-406-hutcheson/

• Like 2

On 11/13/2023 at 4:35 PM, hindesky said:

EuIDQB5.png

On 11/14/2023 at 6:12 PM, hindesky said:

And it's gone, neighbors in the building next door said it came down over the weekend. I asked what is planned for their building but they didn't know and just signed a 1 yr lease.

jth18dN.jpg

Below is an aerial view of the demolished lot at 406 Hutcheson St.

The photo was shot by @hindesky. It was shared in the topic for 3509 Harrisburg Blvd.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46429-office-with-retail-3509-harrisburg-blvd/?do=findComment&comment=692377

On 11/24/2023 at 5:50 PM, hindesky said:

vsvmvvM.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 8:18 AM, wilcal said:

I emailed Platform to ask if they had any details at all that they could share, so we'll see if they reply. 

I heard back this morning!

Here is the reply I received:

Thanks for reaching out. Right now, 406 Hutcheson will remain a residential rental property and the area at 402 Hutcheson will likely be temporary overflow parking for the new building at 3509 Harrisburg. Long term plans are still in the works... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wilcal said:

I heard back this morning!

Here is the reply I received:

Thanks for reaching out. Right now, 406 Hutcheson will remain a residential rental property and the area at 402 Hutcheson will likely be temporary overflow parking for the new building at 3509 Harrisburg. Long term plans are still in the works... 

Thanks for the update. 

I'm a little confused, though. Will 402 Hutcheson St remain a residential property in the short-term? And 406 Hutcheson will handle overflow parking?  My confusion stems from 406 Hutcheson St's recent demolition leaving an empty lot. The apartment building at 402 Hutcheson is still standing.

I understand Platform Group has no long-term plans for 402 Hutcheson and 406 Hutcheson at the moment. However, I don't see why in the short term, they'd demolish the building at 402 Hutcheson for 3509 Hutcheson's overflow parking. 406 Hutcheson was recently demolished. It would seem overflow parking would be located there in the short-term.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

26 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Thanks for the update. 

I'm a little confused, though. Will 402 Hutcheson St remain a residential property in the short-term? And 406 Hutcheson will handle overflow parking?  My confusion stems from 406 Hutcheson St's recent demolition leaving an empty lot. The apartment building at 402 Hutcheson is still standing.

I understand Platform Group has no long-term plans for 402 Hutcheson and 406 Hutcheson at the moment. However, I don't see why in the short term, they'd demolish the building at 402 Hutcheson for 3509 Hutcheson's overflow parking. 406 Hutcheson was recently demolished. It would seem overflow parking would be located there in the short-term.

I think she switched the numbers. 

Also, I've always wondered if CoH will let you pave a parking lot on top of a residential lot. I guess we'll find out. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wilcal said:

I think she switched the numbers. 

Also, I've always wondered if CoH will let you pave a parking lot on top of a residential lot. I guess we'll find out. 

I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Thank you for reaching out to Platform Group. I'm surprised you received a response, to be honest. Whatever the short or long term plans are, it will probably be a good thing. Platform Group's previous developments seamlessly blend into the neighborhood they're located. From what I've observed, their developments are good fit wherever they're built or redeveloped.

• Like 1