Review: Raising Cane's

Restaurant: Raising Cane's (Chicken Fingers)

Type: Nouveau "Fast Food" --drive thru and eat-in

Cost: $

Address: On the south side of Westheimer in between Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford

I have to admit I gave this a second chance last night, and it was damned good. I don't know WHAT my problem was the first time, maybe I was PMSing :P

I got the "Big Box" with 4 chicken strips, fries, cole slaw, and Texas Toast. It was $5.99 and worth it. You get a little cup of Cane Sauce as well and it is REALLY good with fries so ask for an extra, because one is all you get.

The thing about the chicken is it is very tender and has good flavor. The breading is not thick, it's almost like they're broasted (and they may be, now that I think about it, I'll have to check into that LOL). The Texas Toast is the best I have ever had, hands down. It melts in your mouth. The surprise in all of this was the cole slaw. Apparently it is freshly made. I usually don't care for cole slaw, but something made me try it, and I am so glad I did. It is delicious--not bitter at all, sweetish with a terrific crunch.

I felt I ought to do an official "review" since on another thread I posted I wasn't very impressed with my first visit there. I was wrong...and everyone deserves a second chance. :D

This has been a crazy week for me so far and this thread is proof of that. Parrothead, I have finally found something that I agree with you on :). I had the same experience with regard to this Raising Cane's place. The first time I tried it, it was the day after Hurricane Rita and it was the only place open. I tried it and thought it was too pricey for what I got. I decided to give it another try for whatever reason a few weeks later and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. The chicken is so tender and I fell in love with their Cane's sauce ( I didn't know you could get more than one...thanks for the tip). The toast, the fries, etc. are all very good. And my goodness, have you tried their sweet tea? Good grief it's soooo good.

I love this place now. It was my second visit that did it for me as well Parrothead. Maybe those that have tried it once should try it again.

• 1 month later...

Archived